Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've been looking to get a jacket for a while now, but I don't really understand how the sectioning of Kevlar works.

If you just have elbows and shoulders with Kevlar and you come off, wouldn't the fabric around the Kevlar just tear and you'd be back to square one?
Also if anyone can recommend some good jackets around the $200-$350AUD that would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 KRT Ninja 400 ABS
59 Posts
Kevlar doesn't breath well. Most of the materials in the jackets are strong and the impact areas have additional protection. I have a Cortech GX-Sport AIr 4.0 Mesh. It has great ventilation, a zip in waterproof wind liner, and another zip in vest for cooler weather. Usually $ 224.00 U.S. STGsportbiketrackgear.com has them on closeout. I got mine for $101.00 off retail and I really like it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was looking at stores and online for a while. I recently ordered some from a brand called Rac3.. it supposed to have kevlar reinforced at key areas of the pants. I plan on getting it tailored.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was looking at stores and online for a while. I recently ordered some from a brand called Rac3.. it supposed to have kevlar reinforced at key areas of the pants. I plan on getting it tailored.
I got a pair from eBay. Not bad and don't fit too tight like some riding jeans. I also bought a pair of Maxler riding jeans. They feel to be higher quality and the pads seem more substantial. The problem is they are cut like dag nabit skinny jeans!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Since your in Aussie I'm going to recommend Dri Rider jackets to you. I've had nearly 10 years out of my present one. Sure it's not as waterproof as it was but its held together well in our harsh sunlight and has armour in all the right places plus zip out liner etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts