Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Seems to have lost 3K RPM off the top since the last model released in 1989. Can we blame that on Euro 5 maybe? Yeah why not. :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go2GRHrd8a4

I wonder when we get to actually hear it? Volume #27 in a years time perhaps.

That's just where it's on the gage cluster. They didn't say what the rev limiter actually is. Could be the same or it could be more. Although I doubt it would be more than 18k. Still a little screamer for sure.

·
Registered
403 Posts
i wrote this off when this thread originated thinking this was a fake. However, my head is buzzing with so many questions around it.

Why an inline 4 on a 250cc and not on a 400?
what is the purpose of getting this in?
how different will it be as against a 400 and what kind of market share will the 400 hold once this comes in?
etc etc..

need to look into the 80's history of 250cc inline 4's and read some i guess.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
i wrote this off when this thread originated thinking this was a fake. However, my head is buzzing with so many questions around it.

Why an inline 4 on a 250cc and not on a 400?
what is the purpose of getting this in?
how different will it be as against a 400 and what kind of market share will the 400 hold once this comes in?
etc etc..

need to look into the 80's history of 250cc inline 4's and read some i guess.
It's predominately a hot 250 for the Asian market as big bikes cost a huge amount there due to higher import duties. So the small capacity market there hums. The polar opposite of the USA basically Lol. Hence it will be manufactured in Indonesia.

The big question is whether it gets global release. My guess is no as it will look out of place along side the N400, probably cost a little more and have slightly better performance figures but it will be all at the high end of the rev range. Which is part of it's appeal. :biggrin:

·
Registered
403 Posts
It's predominately a hot 250 for the Asian market as big bikes cost a huge amount there due to higher import duties. So the small capacity market there hums. The polar opposite of the USA basically Lol. Hence it will be manufactured in Indonesia.

The big question is whether it gets global release. My guess is no as it will look out of place along side the N400, probably cost a little more and have slightly better performance figures but it will be all at the high end of the rev range. Which is part of it's appeal. :biggrin:
Asian market part is true.. a 400 cc is a huge bike there (affordable to an extent) and you have a lot of buyers for it.
200 cc's in India go for around 1.8k usd, RC390 being around 3.6k usd. However, the ninja 400 is for a whopping 8k usd (minimal sales) and i am just wondering if the 25R would even have buyers going by that.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Asian market part is true.. a 400 cc is a huge bike there (affordable to an extent) and you have a lot of buyers for it.
200 cc's in India go for around 1.8k usd, RC390 being around 3.6k usd. However, the ninja 400 is for a whopping 8k usd (minimal sales) and i am just wondering if the 25R would even have buyers going by that.
I'm not sure any of us have enough info to do more than guess. Kawasaki's been pretty slow to provide any details on the actual finished product, what OEM goodies it'll have, what their target market will be, or where they'll promote the new bike.
Even the MSRP is still rumored. IMO, it wont be offered here in the Divide States. But, I've certainly been wrong before. Time will tell. :nerd:

·
Registered
403 Posts
true, it is guesswork at this stage but i wonder what their strategy was when they pitched the 400 against the RC390 with that huge of a price difference. no wonder their sales have been abysmal there. considering that 99% of the riders will use it for weekend getaways and weaving in and out of traffic.
it ll be interesting to see how things unfold for the 25.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would love to see this come to the US but I don't think it will. Doesn't make sense for the market here and makes a lot of sense for over there. I think it's dreamy. It would be more expensive than the 400 but it sounds like its coming with some bells and whistles, not to mention a bit more horsepower. The inline 4 will be smooth and it's getting traction control, quick shifter. I'd buy it. As a 5'4" guy I've always got my eyes on these small displacement bikes. I don't think I'll ever be able to get on anything bigger than a 650 but having sat on both I really love my 400. I plan on keeping it for awhile and just becoming a better rider but if this ZX-25R comes to the US it'll be hard to say no. It looks too **** fun.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
That sizable difference in price is because the KTM390 series of bikes are manufactured in India therefore do not incur import tariffs like the Ninjas.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Kawasaki certainly doesn't mean to mass market this model. Maybe they will also sell a neutered version at a reasonable cost. But I'm not sure the prices we've been batting around, what $8K US??, would cover what I'm seeing in this article. More goodies than I would have expected.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Kawasaki NZ put out a survey recently asking for expressions of interest but warned the retail price would probably be $14k NZD or more (That’s about $8.5 USD converted.)
The general consensus seemed to be nice bike but too pricey for a 250cc bike. So I’d be surprised if they bring it here.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I guess the release of this bike is really up in the air now, wherever it was supposed to be released. Still haven’t seen any real numbers, HP or wet weight. The video I saw of it on the track looked like 100mph in 6th gear close to redline. That can’t be right, my 2011 250 can do that. 🤔🤔🤔

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
I guess the release of this bike is really up in the air now, wherever it was supposed to be released. Still haven’t seen any real numbers, HP or wet weight. The video I saw of it on the track looked like 100mph in 6th gear close to redline. That can’t be right, my 2011 250 can do that. 🤔🤔🤔
Yeah Kawasaki are keeping a wrap on the specs for some reason. These videos are almost just for brand promotion/ entertainment purposes as most countries outside of a couple of Asian ones most likely wont be able to purchase this bike.
Wouldnt mind hearing it at full wail with the Akra on though o_O

101 - 120 of 139 Posts