Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
According to that website the top spec version is over $11,000 Australian dollars, when converted from Indonesian rupiah. Yikes that is quite a eye watering sum for a 250. It is strange that they are selling such an expensive bike in SE Asia only. 182 kg does also seem quite heavy for a "premium" 250 race bike. I know I am comparing apples to oranges a bit but weren't aprilla rs250's only like 150kgs? For $11,000 you could probably find yourself an rs250 somewhere (but not where I live :(, believe me I have tried to find one)

If I was going to spend $11,000 on a new 250 I would want it to be completely sorted and not need tuning and aftermarket exhausts etc.
It exists in the countries that make it economical through their odd tax arrangements. If an r6 is taxed like crazy for being over 250cc, and will cost you 2-3x as much as the 25r, the 25r looks reasonable.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It will likely be more than the ZX-6R because low volume sales. It might even be more of a pita to assemble with smaller parts. I don't know what the actual bore/stroke is, but a square configuration would be 43.0x43.0mm or 1.693" ... heeheehee, that's crazy tiny!

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
It is strange that they are selling such an expensive bike in SE Asia only... If I was going to spend $11,000 on a new 250 I would want it to be completely sorted and not need tuning and aftermarket exhausts etc.
It's sold there because it's made in Indonesia where factory labor is cheap. Pretty much any new bike sold these days needs the exhaust replaced and re-tuned to get the best out of it. The stock exhaust systems are full of CATS which makes them really heavy and stifles performance.

Jesus tapping dancing Christ. $16,000 in NZ for a 250! No way!
Yes way. I havent heard if they managed to get enough pre orders to warrant Kawasaki doing a run of bikes built to NZ spec, which is probably just the lighting , reflectors, length of rear fender and other silly regulation crap like that..

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Latest clip... Not sure why they felt the need to fit traction control and riding modes to a 50HP bike. The cynic in me says it just bling to aid sales in the bling conscious South East Asian market.
Nice to see it does the speed limit in third gear though! 😄

·
Registered
299 Posts
Assuming this is running stock gearing, it's interesting that it's only going 112kmh in 3rd vs 130kmh for the 400cc.
That means it needs to row through 3 gears to do the 0-100kmh/0-60mph. My mc22 does about 108kmh in second.
The quickshifter would help with that of course.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Assuming this is running stock gearing, it's interesting that it's only going 112kmh in 3rd vs 130kmh for the 400cc.
That means it needs to row through 3 gears to do the 0-100kmh/0-60mph. My mc22 does about 108kmh in second.
The quickshifter would help with that of course.
Speaking of the 'originals'.... did you see this listing recently on TradeMe?

$9800 = $6300USD

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Traction control is great for street riding, sometimes there are slippery spots on public roads. Particularly rain + white lines on cross walks.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Is there an official specs sheet on this bike out yet?

·
Registered
5,269 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
The Japanese spec ZX-25R, which is basically Euro5, weighs another 2 kg more, and makes 10% less power and torque. This is an emissions-free zone motorcycle. Just gonna scratch this one off the wish list, and stick to watching for the 2021/2022 Aprilia RS660.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
The Japanese spec ZX-25R, which is basically Euro5, weighs another 2 kg more, and makes 10% less power and torque. This is an emissions-free zone motorcycle. Just gonna scratch this one off the wish list, and stick to watching for the 2021/2022 Aprilia RS660.

Interesting... I betcha anything we will be getting the restricted one. Not that it was on my shopping list anyways.

201 - 217 of 217 Posts