Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

181 - 200 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah, it seems crazy that I can’t delete a post, especially one I just made. Now my shame is there for all to see haha.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah, it seems crazy that I can’t delete a post, especially one I just made. Now my shame is there for all to see haha.
Just like in real life. I can't count all the times I wished for a 'rewind/delete button'.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
I can appreciate that this is pure marketing, but still, seeing a 5-time WSBK champion acting excited about the a quickshifter on a 41hp bike is pretty eye-roll inducing.
Agreed, they must have been either a) well paid to do that promo clip or b) its part of their contractual obligations to do a certain amount of Kawasaki promotional stuff.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ugh the cringe acting is terrible lol. edit: They could at least be like 44Teeth (YT channel), and be realistic with the chit chat. At least they didn't ride the ZX-25R from the track to the bar, where all their friends are laughing and smiling and drinking ... in slow motion, hah.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Huh? Twin-spar frame? What's the weight on this puppy?

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
The HP and weight figures are what they've been holding back. 51PS (50.3 HP) is pretty decent for a 250 actually and there will be potential for more with the Yoshi pipe and perhaps an ECU flash.
But yeah I didnt expect 182 kg. Thats 14kg (31lbs) more than our bike and about the same as a MT-07. Beefy!

·
Registered
717 Posts
50 at the crank is decent indeed! To shed 30 lbs is lithium battery, full exhaust, tail tidy, mirrors delete, carbon fairings, clip-ons, forged rims etc.

Considering the entire package ie electronics, suspension, the tentative price is fair. I wonder what type of tranny it uses. Nontheless it would be cool to see the 400 battling the 250.

·
Registered
717 Posts
^ Pardon my French.

Reactions: Anomaly

·
Registered
50 Posts
According to that website the top spec version is over $11,000 Australian dollars, when converted from Indonesian rupiah. Yikes that is quite a eye watering sum for a 250. It is strange that they are selling such an expensive bike in SE Asia only. 182 kg does also seem quite heavy for a "premium" 250 race bike. I know I am comparing apples to oranges a bit but weren't aprilla rs250's only like 150kgs? For $11,000 you could probably find yourself an rs250 somewhere (but not where I live :(, believe me I have tried to find one)

If I was going to spend $11,000 on a new 250 I would want it to be completely sorted and not need tuning and aftermarket exhausts etc.

181 - 200 of 217 Posts