Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Anyone have anymore info, on this New Model from Kawasaki... Looks Really Interesting. Sure would like to see one of these in Person. Looks like a NEW POCKET ROCKET is Born?:smile_big:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Yeah that's a photoshoped ZX6R. Pricks who make up stuff for views and online fame. Can't believe he's got 50k+ views for that "video".

·
Registered
94 Posts
Actually I'm pretty sure this is real, but it's non-US only. I read a article from ride apart or some site of that nature that was talking about it. I could be wrong but the site I saw it on has been credible so far. I'll see if I can find the article again and link it.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Actually I'm pretty sure this is real, but it's non-US only. I read a article from ride apart or some site of that nature that was talking about it. I could be wrong but the site I saw it on has been credible so far. I'll see if I can find the article again and link it.
If you have a look at the youtubers page then you will see that it is full of this fake crap.
Actually no, dont go to his page as it only gives him another view to his tally.
Talk about needing to get a real job Lol.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

Like I said that's a ZX6R photoshopped with a ZX10R front fairing. Even though it's unlikely that Kawi would make a 4-cyl 250, it sure as **** wouldn't look like that. It's all fake crap.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Dammit some people have nothing better to do. Sure would have been nice.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Yeah you can actually see its photo-shopped around the edges of the fairing....unless you say its fake and a concept that Kawi "should" build, in my book you rank right up there with the trash people of this world trying to pass the fake NGK plugs off as the real deal, Somali pirates, bit coin ransomware phishers, etc.....

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah you can actually see its photo-shopped around the edges of the fairing....unless you say its fake and a concept that Kawi "should" build, in my book you rank right up there with the trash people of this world trying to pass the fake NGK plugs off as the real deal, Somali pirates, bit coin ransomware phishers, etc.....
...desperate losers who need attention...

Reactions: b0Xcrash

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took a good look at that Video and that Engine is Not a ZX6R. The Engine Design is different than a 636. Being an owner of one of these ZX6Rs. You can pretty much tell that this is a different bike from what I can see in the Video. I would say that this is some kind of European or Asian Version that is sold in those selected places. The Header on this bike is much different than the ZX6R by far too.. And also the Cylinders on this Bike look very Skinny compared to a 2019 ZX6R. Maybe someone can Import one of these and do a review. Only Time will Tell..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Zx*25rr

I also noted that the Passenger seat is different than the ZX6R. And also the ZX6R 636, the header at the bottom is enclosed by a lower fairing where as this one does not. The Nose of this Bike does look like the New 2019 ZX6R. And it is made very similar in appearance. Like I said. I would like to see one of these at a Bike Show from Japan and perhaps we can actually see more about this Bike. Its too bad that they did not show the dash or the Tachometer to see the Redline. Being a 250cc this should Rev really tall. Even a lot more than 16,000 RPM

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
I took a good look at that Video and that Engine is Not a ZX6R. The Engine Design is different than a 636. Being an owner of one of these ZX6Rs. You can pretty much tell that this is a different bike from what I can see in the Video. I would say that this is some kind of European or Asian Version that is sold in those selected places. The Header on this bike is much different than the ZX6R by far too.. And also the Cylinders on this Bike look very Skinny compared to a 2019 ZX6R. Maybe someone can Import one of these and do a review. Only Time will Tell..
The world is a smaller place these days thanks to technonlogy. It's pretty safe to say that if Kawasaki was selling a 250cc inline four in Asia or Europe we would know about it. It's a cool idea though.

Most of this fake stuff comes out of Asia, I dunno why they do it but it's almost an industry these days.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
The bit that makes me cynical is the first sentence where they say their source is an Indonesian automotive blog. Also interesting that the story is 17 months old and still no sign of the bike Lol.
Basically any new bike model story coming out of South east Asia or India has to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

I'm well happy to be proven wrong if Kawasaki ever does produce a screaming 250 four again though. Back in the late eighties/early nineties they were all the rage down this part of the world. The GSXR was the most common to see (hear!) on the streets but check out this clip of some sort of a naked variant of the ZXR kawasaki for a taste of the 20K rpm redline.
Gets the Aussie reviewer guy pretty amped!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was also wondering how legitimate it was when I first saw it but there's several articles about it from lots of good sources, some older some fresher. I'm not saying its fact but I have seen many new bikes come out with similar online oddities.
I am not saying that this bike is real but I wouldn't complain if it was, the wife would love it though!

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
I was also wondering how legitimate it was when I first saw it but there's several articles about it from lots of good sources, some older some fresher. I'm not saying its fact but I have seen many new bikes come out with similar online oddities.
I am not saying that this bike is real but I wouldn't complain if it was, the wife would love it though!
Fair enough. I think the reason they have gone away from the fours is that they are just so goddamn expensive to manufacture and in this current motorcycle climate who's going to want to pay 6 or 7K USD for a 250cc bike apart from a select few who would appreciate the engineering and performance.

The other reason I think this bike wont eventuate is because Kawasaki already has the EX250 Ninja in it's line up in South east Asia where a lot of the countries (like Malaysia and Indonesia) dont have the Ninja 400 for various reasons.

https://paultan.org/2018/10/01/review-2019-kawasaki-ninja-250-the-ninja-attacks/

·
Registered
477 Posts
Reminds me of the Honda RVF1000 rumor that’s been floating around for years. Every year there are more stories about when it’s coming out (for sure this time...until next time). I’m sure it’ll happen eventually, as there seems to be demand for it given the popularity of the current crop of Italian V4’s. I would guess within the next couple years.

Seems a similar deal for the zx25r, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the manufacturers stirring the pot to see how much interest comes out before deciding whether to actually do it.

The timing’s looking pretty good for a 250-400cc supersport bike given the current market, the question is who’s actually going take the plunge to see how many folks are willing to pay what it’s going to take to make one, because it won’t come cheap.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts