Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I know there is a main thread regarding frame sliders but I think this requires a bit more than a sub post, and it may help others as well. So MoD, please keep this!

I got my Kawasaki OEM frame sliders today. Kit of 16 Items. Now the installtion guide is hard to understand, first off why the **** would I need to remove the seats? but ok.
Now, to the question itself. How do I really install it & where.. I mean on the frame yeah but there is no deatiled picture which takes a zoom out on the bike... I mean.. this pictrue looks like the passanger seat from above. ofc its not it but i just find it hard to understand :wacko:

Someone on the forumtold me he installed it without removing any plastics...?

Can someone please explain to me with pictures of the place where i need to put it all / Do a video will be amazing..

I dont really want to take it to the dealership with all the morons who work there and pay them extra bucks for something like this but as it seems i will have too :/

If someone can.. thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
@Pat did a lot of mods for his wife's bike and he installed the OEM Frame sliders. It starts on post #12 on his thread here. He took off all the plastics and he may be able to tell you if and how easy it would be to try to do without removing any plastics.

BTW when I installed the Shogun Frame Sliders and it was my first real time attempting to remove most of the plastics. For me it was pretty daunting but after some trial and error and removing and re-installing them so many times, it's now intuitive and not a huge pain in the a$$ anymore. I'm not the most mechanically inclined but I decided I wanted to learn basic maintenance and do most of the mods myself. Plus the dealers/service shops charge way too much for labor (~$100-150/hr). If you have any interest in working on your bike, it's something you may want to tackle on your own.
@jonfonts posted a good install video and shows what tools are required and how to remove the plastics here (post #64). The frame slider install should be the same or very similar for any frame sliders.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts