Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So everything is installed, and i've screwed the banjo bolt sensor into the rear brake cylinder, however the wiring doesnt have a plug (pic attached)

So, how do I connect this to the brake light.

Also, since i've unscrewed the original banjo bolt and screwed in a new one, do I need to bleed the brake lines or is it fine?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You are going to need to snip the OEM switch off as it is mechanical in nature. This switch will then need to either be connected with electrical crimp connectors or soldered. Remember to use shrink wrap to protect the connection. As for bleeding, anytime you work on your brakes, removing lines, changing pads, or simply moving the calipers to work on something else, bleed them. Especially so in this case.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I may find an argument for 'anytime you work on brakes'... bleed them. Simply replacing the brake pads or moving the calipers should not expose the closed system to the possibility of air entering. It certainly does with replacing brake lines, or removing the calipers. It won't hurt to bleed the system every time, but unless you just feel the need to flush out brake fluid and refill with new, it's unnecessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts