Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I just took delivery of my bike and I don't remember being happier :D

This is my first bike so I don't have any comparisons other than those beat to **** bikes I rode in the course. I absolutely love the N400.
My right heel does bump into the exhaust from time to time so I'll at least get a slip on. I'll probably get a fender eliminator and the solo seat cowl.

Took it to a quick dinner. It was a 10-minute ride so I didn't bother wear earplugs. Boy the wind noises :(

Hopefully I can get confident enough to go to a track school this season.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I love how red and black goes together. I kind of wanted the green because that's the Kawi color, but the text on the lower panel is too over the top for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just took delivery of my bike and I don't remember being happier :D

This is my first bike so I don't have any comparisons other than those beat to **** bikes I rode in the course. I absolutely love the N400.
My right heel does bump into the exhaust from time to time so I'll at least get a slip on.

Took it to a quick dinner. It was a 10-minute ride so I didn't bother wear earplugs. Boy the wind noises :(

Hopefully I can get confident enough to go to a track school this season.
Congrats on the bike! It is one of the best options for a new rider, for sure.

Yeah, that exhaust placement is annoying. I honestly don't know what Kawi was thinking. The Z900 has the same issue.

Always wear hearing protection. Hearing loss will creep up on ya, and it's irreversible.

Hoping to do my first track day this year as well. From what I hear, you learn more in one track day than a year of street riding.

A good coach and some solid training on the fundamentals will give you the confidence needed to ride safely on the streets.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quoted for truth.....

Hoping to do my first track day this year as well. From what I hear, you learn more in one track day than a year of street riding.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the bike! It is one of the best options for a new rider, for sure.

Yeah, that exhaust placement is annoying. I honestly don't know what Kawi was thinking. The Z900 has the same issue.

Always wear hearing protection. Hearing loss will creep up on ya, and it's irreversible.

A good coach and some solid training on the fundamentals will give you the confidence needed to ride safely on the streets.
Thanks!

Exhuast: Ordered Yoshimura slip-on via a local shop

Hearing protection: For now I'm wearing my earbuds with comply foam tips. I think they're more or less equivalent to the common foam earplugs and this way I can listen to my phone. I'm considering getting one of those bluetooth intercomm but not sure if it's worth it as I ride alone most of the time. I'm also considering getting custom earplugs but right now I can't go very far without navigation :p

Track day: I did several track days in my car. Even though I'm still in the novice group, I'm definitely a much better driver both on and off track now. Not sure if I can get a track school within this year due to time and money constraints.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Bluetooth setup is pretty awesome regardless. Even when I'm solo I use it for music, GPS via phone (to hear the turn by turn), and as much as I hate to admit it, the occasional phone call. Oh, and voice to text once in a while.

As much as I like to be "unplugged" on the bike its come in incredibly handy on more than one occasion...

Great investment IMO.

Thanks!

Exhuast: Ordered Yoshimura slip-on via a local shop

Hearing protection: For now I'm wearing my earbuds with comply foam tips. I think they're more or less equivalent to the common foam earplugs and this way I can listen to my phone. I'm considering getting one of those bluetooth intercomm but not sure if it's worth it as I ride alone most of the time. I'm also considering getting custom earplugs but right now I can't go very far without navigation :p

Track day: I did several track days in my car. Even though I'm still in the novice group, I'm definitely a much better driver both on and off track now. Not sure if I can get a track school within this year due to time and money constraints.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bluetooth setup is pretty awesome regardless. Even when I'm solo I use it for music, GPS via phone (to hear the turn by turn), and as much as I hate to admit it, the occasional phone call. Oh, and voice to text once in a while.

As much as I like to be "unplugged" on the bike its come in incredibly handy on more than one occasion...

Great investment IMO.
How does it compared to a simple bluetooth earbuds like the BeatsX? https://www.beatsbydre.com/ca/earphones/beats-x

·
Registered
199 Posts
Completely different given the fact that the speakers fit in the cutouts that "most" modern helmets have. I don't even feel them in either of my helmets.

I MUCH prefer this for several reasons. For one, no wires. More importantly (to me), is that you can still hear outside sound (unless you really crank them) which is a requirement for me from a safety perspective.

Also the controls are simple to use by reaching up to your helmet..

That said, they clearly don't sound as good as a decent pair of earbuds, but audio to me is far secondary to convenience and safety when on a bike..

How does it compared to a simple bluetooth earbuds like the BeatsX? https://www.beatsbydre.com/ca/earphones/beats-x

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Completely different given the fact that the speakers fit in the cutouts that "most" modern helmets have. I don't even feel them in either of my helmets.

I MUCH prefer this for several reasons. For one, no wires. More importantly (to me), is that you can still hear outside sound (unless you really crank them) which is a requirement for me from a safety perspective.

Also the controls are simple to use by reaching up to your helmet..

That said, they clearly don't sound as good as a decent pair of earbuds, but audio to me is far secondary to convenience and safety when on a bike..
You still wear earplugs, right? Having the BeatsX with Comply tips is the same noise reduction as wearing those foam earplugs

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't, my RPHA 70 is really a pretty darned quiet helmet.

You still wear earplugs, right? Having the BeatsX with Comply tips is the same noise reduction as wearing those foam earplugs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts