Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got home after purchasing a new gray and yellow 400 ABS, but won't take delivery from the dealer until mid week (in their system to sell, but still at the warehouse). This will be my first bike with ABS.

I put just over 80K miles on an '09 Ninja 250 which was used primarily as a commuter before handing it down to my son when he was old enough to ride. Figured he wouldn't get into too much trouble with the 250 and I think that worked, teaching him to ride well on a lower powered bike. Did some mods (changing sprockets and over sized rear tire) to increase gas mileage on that bike, and I expect after a few thousand miles I'll explore similar mods on the 400.

Put a little over 50K miles on an NC700X after passing the Ninja 250 to my son. Still have that but will continue to use it for longer rides while commuting on the Ninja 400. I also have a KLR650 for exploring off pavement.

Looking forward to hearing about other 400 owners experiences and sharing mine.

Steve

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Welcome to the site Steve, good to have you on board.
Seems you have clocked up some serious mileage on your bikes. What distance is your daily commute?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome! How much was your out the door price? I used to live in San Diego, I’m stationed in Japan now but may end up back in San Diego mid year next year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the site Steve, good to have you on board.
Seems you have clocked up some serious mileage on your bikes. What distance is your daily commute?
Yes, just a bit!

Most of that mileage was commuting 95 miles round trip, with a nice mix of rural twisties and protected car pool lane on the freeway. Made a long commute both fun and economical. Plus the commute time was pretty consistent even in heavy traffic since we can lane split here.

Current commute is about 40 miles round trip, but expecting to move in 6 months to a year, likely leading to something over 100 miles round trip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! How much was your out the door price? I used to live in San Diego, I’m stationed in Japan now but may end up back in San Diego mid year next year.
Thanks! Always wanted to visit Japan but haven't made it there yet.

OTD price was $5882 with 0% financing for a year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts