Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will post the track days I am doing here. Next up for me is 6/29 at Summit Point! I am
definitely bringing the 400, considering the 600 as well, but most likely the 300. Might just ride the
little bikes all track season, we shall see.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on down to NCM on the 11th, if everything works out I should be there
That track is on EvolveGT schedule. How is the track, don’t know anyone who has been there. It’s over a 14 hour drive for me. I am hitting NYST 7/10 so I won’t be making that NCM date, thanks for the invite!!! Have fun.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
That track is on EvolveGT schedule. How is the track, don’t know anyone who has been there. It’s over a 14 hour drive for me. I am hitting NYST 7/10 so I won’t be making that NCM date, thanks for the invite!!! Have fun.
NCM is a nice track, and pretty new(2014 opening year I think it was)
Alot of people describe it as a combination of Road Atlanta and Barber...some of the technical of Barber with some of the high speed straight of ATL...a decent mix of both.

I have been there twice now and I could see/say that...........

Facilities are top notch too, they have a fueling station about 100 feet away with diesel, 87, 89, 93 and then they have VP racing fuels at another pump, C9, 100 and 110.

They have a giant skid pad, for drifting, autocross, etc.

Location is easy in and easy out for the most part...but a 14 hr drive.........not sure about that unless you would make that kind of drive for Barber or Road Atl, than I might say its worth it.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
NCM is a nice track, and pretty new(2014 opening year I think it was)
Alot of people describe it as a combination of Road Atlanta and Barber...some of the technical of Barber with some of the high speed straight of ATL...a decent mix of both.

I have been there twice now and I could see/say that...........

Facilities are top notch too, they have a fueling station about 100 feet away with diesel, 87, 89, 93 and then they have VP racing fuels at another pump, C9, 100 and 110.

They have a giant skid pad, for drifting, autocross, etc.

Location is easy in and easy out for the most part...but a 14 hr drive.........not sure about that unless you would make that kind of drive for Barber or Road Atl, than I might say its worth it.
It was always on my bucket list back when I lived in NE and it had just opened, but due to the long drive I never made it. Now I'm equally as far away from it but on the opposite side lol MCRA used to go there and I always enjoyed riding with those guys, but just never made the long trip to go there.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Summit Point was fun and 🥵 HOT! Definitely a fast track.
Next up is my home track NYST 7/3. As of today the lying weather man says 80% chance of rain. NYST is on a mountain top around 1/2 mile high and tends to have its own weather patterns. I have learned not to put too much stock in the forecast up there.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had an absolute blast on 7/3 at NYST running the downtown configuration. It’s more technical than the normal uptown configuration. The rain pretty much held off all day. We got a brief slight drizzle around 3pm which didn’t even wet the track surface. It was HOT and partly sunny the entire day. Next up is this Friday 7/10 at NYST, they will be running uptown. As of today the weather man says 50% chance of afternoon thunderstorms.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Had an absolute blast on 7/3 at NYST running the downtown configuration. It’s more technical than the normal uptown configuration. The rain pretty much held off all day. We got a brief slight drizzle around 3pm which didn’t even wet the track surface. It was HOT and partly sunny the entire day. Next up is this Friday 7/10 at NYST, they will be running uptown. As of today the weather man says 50% chance of afternoon thunderstorms.
Good one. Yeah must be pretty hot there this time of year. Were you running in races or more of a general track day? Bike going good?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good one. Yeah must be pretty hot there this time of year. Were you running in races or more of a general track day? Bike going good?
Just regular track days, my next race will be 8/1. I have been riding both the 300 and 400. Happy to report NO issues with either bike. Hope to bring out the 750 sometime this season at one of the less technical tracks. Haven’t been doing any street riding lately so the 750 sits in the garage neglected. My son has been riding the 600 on the street. Will probably just bring the 400 this Friday!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hitting NYST this sat 7/18. May bring the 300 or 750 for a few hot laps. Weather is looking hot and DRY. There will be 3 of us on 400s. Always fun to run with other little bikes!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have decided to bring the 300 this trip. I will see if one of the guys in our group will ride my 400 so there will be 4 of us on little bikes riding together! That would be a blast!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The weather was awesome on sat, hot and around 85, full sun the whole day. Bad News to report, my 400 has been crashed. It happened the 1st lap of the 2Nd session. The 1st session was only 2 laps, a guy crashed in the 1st lap and the bike was in the middle of the track. Basically the day was over sold and multiple crashes in every group. My friend crashed my bike while I was on the 300. He just lost the front on cold tires going pretty slow. 😨 I was on the 300 the whole day. Good news, I sold the 300 for full asking price, 2 days later!!! Will help finance the rest of the season and get the 400 back on track. All the damage is pretty much cosmetic, the left side is trashed! The right side and tank are perfect!
744CA329-6BD1-43C3-96B2-9F100D79C797.jpeg

Next up is Palmer in MH this sat 7/25! Will be my 1st time riding this track and I hear it’s a very fun and technical track. I will be taking the 600 this trip.

·
Registered
203 Posts
One of the basic rules of track riding is "if you put it on the track, it is potentially scrap at any moment". I hope it doesn't cost your (or your friend) too much to repair the 400. Was your friend damaged more than bruises/ego?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Bummer! Your very generous for lending your bike out at a track. At least you made a sale on the three hundy. 👍

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My boy wasn’t hurt just a bruised ego and the guilt of crashing my bike. New plastics and clip on and lever on the way.

The track at Palmer was awesome, very, very technical with lots of elevation changes and blind turns. Felt good to be on the 600 and it was perfect to pull out of the tight corners with some power!!! Can’t wait too go back.

Next up is this sat at NYST with the 600. Hopefully the 400 will be ready soon.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Decided to bring the 750 as well this trip, she hasn’t been on the track all season. I am more flexible this season so I hope I enjoy the 750 more this time out. Riding the BIG bikes is quite a chore after being on the SMALL bikes all season!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I will post the track days I am doing here. Next up for me is 6/29 at Summit Point! I am
definitely bringing the 400, considering the 600 as well, but most likely the 300. Might just ride the
little bikes all track season, we shall see.
I used to race and corner work there!

Which track of the 3? Main, Jefferson, Shenandoah?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I used to race and corner work there!

Which track of the 3? Main, Jefferson, Shenandoah?
Main and Shenny, never rode the Jefferson circuit. I prefer Shenny with the smaller bikes and even enjoy the 400 on Main but, IMO, Main is a big bike track. We will be there late sept!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts