Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just looking for some clarification on the proper use of the jam nuts located at the cable ends near the levers.

On the throttle side, I have seen people tighten the jam nut against the cable end, while on the clutch side I have seen the jam nut tightened against the perch (leaving threads exposed between the cable end and the jam nut).

Hoping someone can give guidance on how the jam nuts should be tightened.

Thanks!

Cary

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just looking for some clarification on the proper use of the jam nuts located at the cable ends near the levers.

On the throttle side, I have seen people tighten the jam nut against the cable end, while on the clutch side I have seen the jam nut tightened against the perch (leaving threads exposed between the cable end and the jam nut).

Hoping someone can give guidance on how the jam nuts should be tightened.

Thanks!

Cary

Yes and yes!

IMG_20180716_154309.jpg IMG_20180716_154417.jpg

Reactions: NJA400

·
Registered
744 Posts
Don't mind the blue paint on the threads, I just do that to things for future reference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome Watcher! Thanks for the quick reply & pics. I mark the connections as well to keep an eye on things.

Much appreciated. BTW, finished the Backoff XP mod last week thanks to your tutorial which was a big help. Feel heaps better about braking now.
@emudshit - lol. My preference lies with Elmers ;)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Awesome Watcher! Thanks for the quick reply & pics. I mark the connections as well to keep an eye on things.

Much appreciated. BTW, finished the Backoff XP mod last week thanks to your tutorial which was a big help. Feel heaps better about braking now.

@emudshit - lol. My preference lies with Elmers ;)

Cool! Which mode did u go with for the brake light? I find mode 2 is more assertive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts