Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the book Road Racer: Its in my blood by Michael Dunlop. Reading about his family and racing. Just now I logged into Facebook and see his brother William has passed. So sad to hear.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I saw the news about William Dunlop RIP. Road racing has taken a heavy toll on that family.

There was also a documentary called 'Road' from memory which went over the Dunlop family and road racing. I think it was narrated by Liam Neeson. It's certainly interesting to watch if you can track it down.

I used to get a yearly CD covering the Irish Road Racing series, but only for a few seasons as a lot of the guys I followed died. Always exciting racing but rather unforgiving.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I saw the news about William Dunlop RIP. Road racing has taken a heavy toll on that family.

There was also a documentary called 'Road' from memory which went over the Dunlop family and road racing. I think it was narrated by Liam Neeson. It's certainly interesting to watch if you can track it down.

I used to get a yearly CD covering the Irish Road Racing series, but only for a few seasons as a lot of the guys I followed died. Always exciting racing but rather unforgiving.
I have my own copy of 'Road', great DVD but sad in places too.
Unforgiving is a good word to describe that circuit.

One interesting thing is that although William, Robert and Joey Dunlop all raced in the I.O.M TT they all died racing at lesser events.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have my own copy of 'Road', great DVD but sad in places too.
Unforgiving is a good word to describe that circuit.

One interesting thing is that although William, Robert and Joey Dunlop all raced in the I.O.M TT they all died racing at lesser events.
We mentioned that about them not actually dying at the TT in a different forum, you also caught that lol!

If you read the book, Michael actually talks about this movie and says he was disappointed at a certain point of it. Says he would have been ok, had they given him, and his family, a warning at that certain point of the movie.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
We mentioned that about them not actually dying at the TT in a different forum, you also caught that lol!
No it was an original thought that came to me at work last week. I remember Joey being killed at Estonia but I wasn't 100% sure where Robert was killed so had to google that one.
I actually haven't seen much mention of Williams passing but I'm mostly only keeping an eye on this forum and the CBR300 one nowadays.

http://amcn.com.au/editorial/thousands-attend-funeral-for-road-racer-william-dunlop/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts