Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ninja 400 is just fine for the highway.
Having recently moved 800 km (500 mi), I rode both my bikes, just days apart, to our new home so I can compare the experience with my N400 to my Ducati Diavel.
You will not run out of engine performance on the Ninja. It has plenty of usable power on the highway, and I overtake in 6th on the freeway. It thrums along at 7K revs and does not feel busy at all.
The Ninja has an enormously flexible engine making it easy to ride, and you get to use all the performance.
My wife's N400 has the standard windscreen. I much prefer the higher bubble optional windscreen fitted to my Ninja. Not a huge difference, but noticeably less tiring. I found this a worthwhile upgrade.

What will limit you on the highway is possibly the seat. 1 hour trips - perfect. 2 hours - gotta get off to give the bot a break. Diavel has all day comfort by comparison.
My Ninja will get a new seat to turn it into an all day ride. It is the only criticism I have with this fantastic machine.
YBMMV (Your Bum Mileage May Vary)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone , I just got my brand new 2021 ninja 400 yesterday ! This is something I am always dreaming to own and ride at least for now. Still some cruiser riders bothering and kept bugging like these ninjas are not good for the highways ,! I am just curious to know what’s your genuine opinion on this as fellow ninja riders ? And also I appreciate suggestions or advices
Thanks in advance
I belong to the Blue Knights Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club, and ALL the guys in my chapter ride baggers, mostly Harleys, because many of them trained on Harleys and used Harleys on the job.
Guess who the ONLY Kawasaki Ninja KRT edition rider is? Correctamente, ME, and I get NO hassle from the guys. Do I go on long trips with my race/sport bike? No, of course not, it's not made fort that, but for shorter rides and going to meetings, it is GREAT. As a matter of fact, lots of fun for a 76 year old :giggle::giggle::giggle:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I belong to the Blue Knights Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club, and ALL the guys in my chapter ride baggers, mostly Harleys, because many of them trained on Harleys and used Harleys on the job.
Guess who the ONLY Kawasaki Ninja KRT edition rider is? Correctamente, ME, and I get NO hassle from the guys. Do I go on long trips with my race/sport bike? No, of course not, it's not made fort that, but for shorter rides and going to meetings, it is GREAT. As a matter of fact, lots of fun for a 76 year old :giggle::giggle::giggle:
BTW - It is the ONLY sport bike among the 40 members in our chapter, as far as I know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone , I just got my brand new 2021 ninja 400 yesterday ! This is something I am always dreaming to own and ride at least for now. Still some cruiser riders bothering and kept bugging like these ninjas are not good for the highways ,! I am just curious to know what’s your genuine opinion on this as fellow ninja riders ? And also I appreciate suggestions or advices
Thanks in advance
Love it on the highways. Well, I love it after I made one change...the windscreen HAD to be upgraded. The stock one was beyond useless and upgraded to the Puig. Huge difference!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks in advance
Honestly i had to over come this i Have a 2020 ninja 400 abs and I’ll tell you this master riding the 400 i have 600 buddies who tell me if i want to have fun and get an adrenaline rush to ride it yes on highway ive noticed that in high wind speeds the bikes needs to be controlled a lot more but going 100mph on 1000cc is the same and what’s the point if you’re using it as a daily to get comfortably places keep it for a while my dream bike is the zx6r or r1

21 - 26 of 26 Posts