Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other owners having issues adding the Ninja 400 to their insurance policy due to the bike being so brand new that it's not in their system? I had Pacific Specialty with my Ninja 300 and they treated me well with the theft so I'm going to continue with them, but when I called to remove the old bike and add the new bike to the policy, I wasn't able to and they said they would need to involve "quality control" to add the bike into their system. They asked me for the engine size displacement.

And if you HAVE added it successfully to your insurance, would you like to share what's your coverage, location and rate?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any other owners having issues adding the Ninja 400 to their insurance policy due to the bike being so brand new that it's not in their system? I had Pacific Specialty with my Ninja 300 and they treated me well with the theft so I'm going to continue with them, but when I called to remove the old bike and add the new bike to the policy, I wasn't able to and they said they would need to involve "quality control" to add the bike into their system. They asked me for the engine size displacement.

And if you HAVE added it successfully to your insurance, would you like to share what's your coverage, location and rate?
I'm still working on a purchase, however I went to Dairyland Insurance for a quote based upon a suggestion from another forum. I was able to get full coverage with lower limits for about $30 a month. They did have the Ninja 400 listed in their online system. I'll do some additional shopping once I get my bike locked down.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm still working on a purchase, however I went to Dairyland Insurance for a quote based upon a suggestion from another forum. I was able to get full coverage with lower limits for about $30 a month. They did have the Ninja 400 listed in their online system. I'll do some additional shopping once I get my bike locked down.
+1 on Dairyland. I usually use progressive but they were ridiculous on the 400. Like 1300 a year. I paid 362 for a year with dairyland with a lower deductible and roadside.

·
Registered
244 Posts
+1 on Dairyland. I usually use progressive but they were ridiculous on the 400. Like 1300 a year. I paid 362 for a year with dairyland with a lower deductible and roadside.
Good to know that information, my agent couldn't find the 400 in their database of insured bikes so they derived the premium by initial cost of bike, which was 580 year. I will look into Dairyland to see if they can write coverage in my state. Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dude....THANK YOU! I just insured my bike yesterday through Geico when I picked it up, at $84/m....now I'm at $34/m for the same coverage (actually better with their extra coverages). This forum itself has saved me $1200 + $50/m....that's crazy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
USAA quoted me $28/month for full coverage with a $50 deductible. Granted, I have 4 other vehicles and my house insured with them so bundling saves some money... but $28/month sounds good to me!

·
Registered
423 Posts
When I had my Ducati Scrambler (my first motorcycle) and lived in San Francisco, I shopped around and the best quotes I received were from State Farm. This time around I did not bother getting quotes from other insurance carriers. Yesterday I paid $330 USD ($27.50/month). Now living in NYC, I thought the insurance would be more expensive but it was the opposite. "Full coverage" premiums can be different based on the coverage, limits, deductibles, age, driving record, etc... My comprehensive/collision deductible is 500/500. I do not have any other vehicles insured with State Farm so there could be more savings with bundling.

·
Registered
152 Posts
When I had my Ducati Scrambler (my first motorcycle) and lived in San Francisco, I shopped around and the best quotes I received were from State Farm. This time around I did not bother getting quotes from other insurance carriers. Yesterday I paid $330 USD ($27.50/month). Now living in NYC, I thought the insurance would be more expensive but it was the opposite. "Full coverage" premiums can be different based on the coverage, limits, deductibles, age, driving record, etc... My comprehensive/collision deductible is 500/500. I do not have any other vehicles insured with State Farm so there could be more savings with bundling.
I've never had a cheap quote from State Farm, car or motorcycle. Lol
They quoted me somewhere around 2k a year for insurance on the 400. I am 24 but with a spotless driving record since I first got my license at 16.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've never had a cheap quote from State Farm, car or motorcycle. Lol
They quoted me somewhere around 2k a year for insurance on the 400. I am 24 but with a spotless driving record since I first got my license at 16.
Yeah that's way too much. I recall receiving some crazy high quotes from other carriers I was shopping around. There are a lot of factors these insurance companies use to determine rates and I'm sure they factor in gender and age. I believe males are considered more at risk than females and I also think you are in the age group that is still considered more risky compared to older drives. You may see a consideration decrease in rates once you turn 25. BTW I'm much older than you and started riding later in life. Definitely wish I started younger. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
We added the Ninja 400 to our Statefarm policy

they couldn't find the bike in their database either :)

we are paying $19 a month for full coverage and $150 deductibles

The rate may be a discount as we have another bike, was paying $59 a month for our 2012 Ducati EVO SE, full coverage

·
Registered
211 Posts
$18/month $100 deductible with State Farm.

Edit: Also when I was talking with my agent she did seem to have trouble finding the bike in the system but ended up getting it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
247usd a year with dairyland (mine is a 2 months used 400 with 700 odd miles on it).
100-300 liability, 50k damage, 100usd deductible for comprehensive and collision both.

Reactions: TaiMc

·
Registered
137 Posts

Had mine added no problem the day I bought it. I am in Illinois and have Allstate, they offer a variable rate motorcycle policy. My monthly payment goes up and down depending on time of year. Cost me $15 to get started, monthly payments are just over $17 a month till March, In March it goes up to I think just over $20, then in may it goes up to $49 a month, Aug. it will drop to just over $25, then in Dec. it will drop back to just over $17 a month.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts