Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having issues getting an online quote for the 400?

I checked a few websites today but no 400 on the drop down lists. I rang SGIO (WA) and they requested that I call them back tomorrow as they will need to get the website administrators to see if they can add it.

I will be picking mine up tomorrow afternoon so I might have to use Kawasaki insurance for a month or so till I can change over. I like SGIO as it goes off how long you have had your driving licence in total, not your motorcycle licence length and it was half price to what Kawasaki quoted me.

Has anyone overcome this issue at all? If so, fell free to post where you got your insurance please

·
Registered
764 Posts

I checked a few websites today but no 400 on the drop down lists. I rang SGIO (WA) and they requested that I call them back tomorrow as they will need to get the website administrators to see if they can add it.

I will be picking mine up tomorrow afternoon so I might have to use Kawasaki insurance for a month or so till I can change over. I like SGIO as it goes off how long you have had your driving licence in total, not your motorcycle licence length and it was half price to what Kawasaki quoted me.

Has anyone overcome this issue at all? If so, fell free to post where you got your insurance please
Meh dont even get insurance on a bike it aint needed mate

·
Registered
764 Posts

Meh dont even get insurance on a bike it aint needed mate

·
Registered
152 Posts
If that happens you wont need insurance since you will be long gone, imo skip the insurance but its upto you :)
Is insurance not required there? Here in the Oklahoma, USA. We are required to have at least liability insurance and if you finance, you have to have full coverage.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yep had same problem when I got my Ninja 300 in 2013. I've been insuring my bikes with the same insurance company for 44 years now so they treat me pretty well haha.

As the Ninja 400 was too new to appear on their model listing it is currently listed as a ZX6R with a supplementary note to change the details when the 400 is listed.

Didn't cost me any extra either!

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Is insurance not required there? Here in the Oklahoma, USA. We are required to have at least liability insurance and if you finance, you have to have full coverage.
No it's not compulsory by law here in NZ, pretty sure Oz is the same. Personally I think third party liability insurance should be compulsory though as Ive had friends who have been run into by bogans in some old uninsured piece of junk car and you never get any money out of them to fix up your damaged car or bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts