Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in April when I buying my bike I was pricing insurance for it. Naturally I called progressive (who my my auto policy is with) and they quoted me close to $1100/year and they wanted like $300 down to start. I dont have any tickets, wrecks, or claims, just not the greatest credit. And here in the Great state of Michigan our law makers decided that no fault insurance would be best for us, which pretty lets the insurance companies literally get away with rape but that's another story. But after checking around with some local agents and many national ones it was looking like $1100/year low end and $2050/year on the high side. I mentioned it to the guys at the dealership and the recommended Dairyland Insurance, so i got online and got a quote and for the exact same policy that Progressive gave me ($1000/deduct for comp and collision, medical for driver and passenger, and road side asst, plus custom parts ) they quoted me about $550/year and i think it was only like $58 to start the policy and monthly payment of like $53.

https://www.dairylandinsurance.com/motorcycle

·
Registered
656 Posts
Back in April when I buying my bike I was pricing insurance for it. Naturally I called progressive (who my my auto policy is with) and they quoted me close to $1100/year and they wanted like $300 down to start. I dont have any tickets, wrecks, or claims, just not the greatest credit. And here in the Great state of Michigan our law makers decided that no fault insurance would be best for us, which pretty lets the insurance companies literally get away with rape but that's another story. But after checking around with some local agents and many national ones it was looking like $1100/year low end and $2050/year on the high side. I mentioned it to the guys at the dealership and the recommended Dairyland Insurance, so i got online and got a quote and for the exact same policy that Progressive gave me ($1000/deduct for comp and collision, medical for driver and passenger, and road side asst, plus custom parts ) they quoted me about $550/year and i think it was only like $58 to start the policy and monthly payment of like $53.

https://www.dairylandinsurance.com/motorcycle
Ya they are well known as is progressive which is who I use - 3 year full replacement coverage comp and collision, medical and up to 2k custom parts for about the same. its funny you say that however cause Dairyland Insurance was higher for me - don't know why..

·
Registered
744 Posts
Nice find, man!

The thing with these private insurance companies is they will rape you all they want, and nobody can stop them. The only thing you can do is dig elsewhere for better quotes.

It's sad really, where people can't ride because insurance is not affordable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya they are well known as is progressive which is who I use - 3 year full replacement coverage comp and collision, medical and up to 2k custom parts for about the same. its funny you say that however cause Dairyland Insurance was higher for me - don't know why..
Really? I wonder why.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice find, man!

The thing with these private insurance companies is they will rape you all they want, and nobody can stop them. The only thing you can do is dig elsewhere for better quotes.

It's sad really, where people can't ride because insurance is not affordable.
Aint that the truth! when i was getting a new auto policy i got the guy so pissed that he called his supervisor because they wouldn't explain to me why someone with no tickets or claims is being charged so much. He said stuff like credit score affects it because statistically people with low scores are prone to sue, I said Michigan being a no fault state I couldn't sue if i wanted to. The system is definitely broken

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm also using Dairyland (the vegan in me hates the name!) and as a BRAND NEW rider with excellent credit I'm paying $320 a year in Virginia. Progressive (through USAA) wanted almost twice that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use Allstate for my home, truck and wifes car. Allstate has treated us very good when we got hail damage to our cars. The Ninja 400 with premium full coverage $500 deduct cost me just $222 for a full year when paid in full up front. I am 39 live in Texas with no tickets in over 15 years so that might have something do do with it. I was amazed at how low it was being I am a new street rider.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I use Allstate for my home, truck and wifes car. Allstate has treated us very good when we got hail damage to our cars. The Ninja 400 with premium full coverage $500 deduct cost me just $222 for a full year when paid in full up front. I am 39 live in Texas with no tickets in over 15 years so that might have something do do with it. I was amazed at how low it was being I am a new street rider.
I'm pretty much the same. Though I'm in Ohio, and on State Farm. Mines $18/month or $216/year doesn't matter if I pay it all at once or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts