Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here!

So like many of you guys, I'm eager to get my hands on this bike. It helps that I plan on it being my first - unfortunately for me, I live on the East coast and from the looks of it, it would seem like we have to wait a little bit longer. I called a local dealer and was told that they have no clue when they're getting units shipped in, but that there will most likely be units on display at the DC Bike show... which is February the 22! Anyways, I was snooping around to see if anyone else had anything and noticed that a few dealers in the Cali (plus one in Texas) posted pictures of them on Instagram saying that they're in stock and ready to go.. I did this by searching the hashtag #ninja400 ... so if anyone is interested - here ya go!

Let me know how that test drive goes :)

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
@toilettramp, Welcome to the forum and thanks for the pics. I am also on the east side of USA with an unanticipated long wait time. Would be nice to have one in the garage to ride today with it being in the 50's, but am left to ride my ninja 250.
I am hoping some of the larger dealers in New England area will receive shipment soon. I have been hitting the dealer inventory check on Kawasaki.com, but as you posted, California was the only location I found this week with inventory of ninja 400's.
Rde09

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

But yea, right?! The weather has been pretty great recently, I kept seeing people riding throughout the weekend. Hopefully you were able to take advantage of that too. And that's funny, I was really close to pulling the trigger on a ninja 250, but figured I'd wait since the commute to my job is a solid a 20-30 min ride, and most of it is on the highway. I know it's not much but in the long run I figured the extra CC's would help! For now, we'll just have to wait.

·
Registered
244 Posts
toilettramp, I just noticed one of the pictures you posted was from a dealer in a city just south of Houston TX. My apologies for missing that with my previous post. I fly down to Houston most of the time when I am visiting my parents in Northern LA. The weather is not suitable to make a winter northern commute home at this time, if I purchased it from there (it is tempting though, viewing it online and knowing they have what I want in stock, while up north we are a month away from a buying opportunity). I talked to a local dealer yesterday who advised Kawasaki's east coast warehouse is in NJ, when he checked their stock in the NJ warehouse they had 0.
The ride Saturday, was nice to get out on my green 250. Just a few bikes out on the rode. Temps were 47-50 here, with nice sunshine.

I rode the green 250 to my parents last summer, the little ninja is no slouch for sure. Made 1100 miles in one day on the ride back north, but I am looking forward to owning a Ninja 400 with newer technologies and a lot more umph (as Ninja400 Stealth called it: New Era Pocket Rocket).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@rde09 for sure, especially with the weather fluctuating so much- I feel like waiting is the only way to go. Which works out for me since I won't be taking my BRC until mid March, but that should be a breeze.
That is a lot of driving on the highway! I wasn't saying that it isn't capable, I just know that I'm buying this bike to be my only bike for a while. I saw plenty of reviews on them prior to making my decision. The one Mr.Regular put up touched on a lot of good points. If i didn't know the 400 was coming out I definitely would've gotten the 250! There's actually one for sale about 2 hours away for $1,100. So if I ever change my mind I know there's one usually nearby.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mid Cities Kawasaki in Paramount was my primary shop when I was in Socal, they did the first service on my Ninja 300 after the 600-mile break-in period.

PCP Motorsports in Sacramento will be the shop where I'll be purchasing my Ninja 400 in June after I've saved a few $$$ for the down payment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts