Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an icon airflite rubatone w/ blue chromatic (tsf or tst, whatever they call it) shield. Size XL i have a fat face and wear glasses.

Fit? Kinda tight, hurts my ears a little to take it off but while riding not uncomfortable. Glasses fit suppppppper tight, that glasses channel sucks. The breather thingy works well as long as your not a big breath taker/ heavy mouth breather. And even though i am i control it and the helmet works well. I normally flip it up at lights anyways.

Looks? Bad ass.... period. Some lady jumped out in traffic (red light) and asked to take a picture. I have the blue shield and it def makes it looks cooler.

Quality? Im gonna say meh.... maybe i should not have gotten the rubbatone. But after 2 or 3 rides and 275ish mi. The face shield and helmet already have some chips.... lame :(

Helmet was 250, extra blue shield 50. So value, not so bad. Will ny next helmet be an icon? Maybe not... also wondering with how tight it is maybe i should have gone a size up.

Any questions let me know!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Based on the pic, the helmet and dark tinted face shield looks really good.

I have an Arai Signet-Q Helmet (White) that I bought a couple of years ago at a Ducati dealer. They a lot of different helmets and I tried on different Arai, HJC, and Shoei helmets. I was there for hours since I kept some helmets on for 15-20 mins to make sure it was still comfortable. The most comfortable one for me was the Arai. That was also the day I realized that I have an oval head so other shapes hurt.

I was going to get black but I also wanted to be more visible. So it was either hi-viz or white and I picked the latter. It's not the coolest looking but it's good for now until I upgrade it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based on the pic, the helmet and dark tinted face shield looks really good.

I have an Arai Signet-Q Helmet (White) that I bought a couple of years ago at a Ducati dealer. They a lot of different helmets and I tried on different Arai, HJC, and Shoei helmets. I was there for hours since I kept some helmets on for 15-20 mins to make sure it was still comfortable. The most comfortable one for me was the Arai. That was also the day I realized that I have an oval head so other shapes hurt.

I was going to get black but I also wanted to be more visible. So it was either hi-viz or white and I picked the latter. It's not the coolest looking but it's good for now until I upgrade it.
Pic?

I think i either have a round or my face is just fat, but i noticed it squeezes my cheeks to hard.

I love the look of my helmet though.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Pic?

I think i either have a round or my face is just fat, but i noticed it squeezes my cheeks to hard.

I love the look of my helmet though.
I'll take a pic later this week and upload it. It's nothing special. The next helmet I get will need some graphics or will opt for a different color. Maybe high viz. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'll take a pic later this week and upload it. It's nothing special. The next helmet I get will need some graphics or will opt for a different color. Maybe high viz. :)

@Kawasushi -- Here are some pics of my Arai Signet Q Pro Tour Helmet.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts