Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Even with winter gloves, I feel that I still benefit from heated grips. Without heated grips it felt as if the grips themselves were literally sucking the heat out of my palms (which from a physics point of view is pretty much what was happening). Heated grips, while not protecting the outside of my fingers, still provide some heat to avoid completely frozen fingers. And I can see how with these ugly looking mitts, the heat can be trapped inside, not only protecting the hand from wind but also creating a bubble of higher temperature. They seem practical in spite of their ugliness.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well here's the deal. If you wear winter gloves the heat from the grips do no good because not only do they protect your hands from the cold they also insulate your hands from the heat. Been my experience heated grips work best with thinner gloves but in cold weather that sucks too. These muffs allow you to wear the thinner non insulated gloves and enjoy the heat.
🐉
The warmest my hands have ever been whilst riding was with my Gerbing heated gloves. So warm, they were perspiring. That was while riding my Gold Wing. Come to think of it, that was also with heated grips. But, I wonder how much heat from the grips is lost to the wind.

I am not sure the Wee Lil Ninja’s stator/alternator will have enough juice to power gloves. I guess if I was really interested, I could look it up. But, in central Florida….Heated gloves aren’t really necessary. Jes’ sayin’.

RK

21 - 25 of 25 Posts