Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just picked up something similar from Kemi Moto..goofy looking as can be..haven't tried them yet but everyone says they work great. I don't have heated gloves or grips so I need something to keep my hands from freezing solid.
Gotta do something. Rode about 50 mi yesterday @ 41F. Came home dug these out and slipped em on

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ever see a RTFM (Read The F*kg Manual) switch?

I rode to a MC event in 20°F weather, and thought just good gloves would be enough. Nope.
So I arrive and complain that I can't feel my fingers.
Somebody says, "You should get some electric grips".

This is a pic of a RTFM switch:

Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Carbon

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well here's the deal. If you wear winter gloves the heat from the grips do no good because not only do they protect your hands from the cold they also insulate your hands from the heat. Been my experience heated grips work best with thinner gloves but in cold weather that sucks too. These muffs allow you to wear the thinner non insulated gloves and enjoy the heat.
🐉

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Yeah these are probably life savers in the cold. I know a guy who rides a Harley Ultra Glide with full nose fairing that extends out past the grips on each side, the leg and foot guards/shields and he will ride in single digit weather. He says those deflecting the cold air that will cause all the heat to be evacuated from those extremities and that cold air blasting them with bundling up he is good to ride hundreds of miles.

Me if its too cold for my hands and feet to deal with the ride, its too cold for my tires to hold enough heat on the street to keep good grip for spirited riding. These days this might not be 100% true, but in my mind it's an SR for pushing it at all to have fun

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah these are probably life savers in the cold. I know a guy who rides a Harley Ultra Glide with full nose fairing that extends out past the grips on each side, the leg and foot guards/shields and he will ride in single digit weather. He says those deflecting the cold air that will cause all the heat to be evacuated from those extremities and that cold air blasting them with bundling up he is good to ride hundreds of miles.

Me if its too cold for my hands and feet to deal with the ride, its too cold for my tires to hold enough heat on the street to keep good grip for spirited riding. These days this might not be 100% true, but in my mind it's an SR for pushing it at all to have fun
Exellent point on the tire adhesion. The other day even after 40 or so miles I was still covering gingerly. It was always in my self preservation thoughts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Well here's the deal. If you wear winter gloves the heat from the grips do no good because not only do they protect your hands from the cold they also insulate your hands from the heat. Been my experience heated grips work best with thinner gloves but in cold weather that sucks too. These muffs allow you to wear the thinner non insulated gloves and enjoy the heat.
🐉
Ya gotta search for them, but some brands sell winter gloves designed to work with heated grips. They have less insulation in the palms and the palm side of the fingers. My Rev'It winter gloves have this feature. Mine worked well at highway speeds with my heated grips when the temps were just below freezing.

That, and keep your core warm!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts