Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Amazon Anodizing Exhaust is a thread specifically about that slipon.

I've had it on my bike for two years (though only about 5,000mi), and it still looks as good as new. Use a tailpipe expander to get the midpipe to fit on the header properly. Make sure everything is lined up before you tighten anything down. It should fit nicely in place without any of the fasteners needing to pull things into position. The fasteners just hold it there - they shouldn't be stressing anything.

I still have plans to get a nice full system eventually, but I'm completely happy with the Anodizing slipon for now. It gives me more room for my big foot, drops 5.5lb compared to the stock can, and makes it a little easier to hear what the engine's doing while you're riding without being obnoxious.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 400 ABS
111 Posts
A slip on can give you modest gains in power, but a full system and tune is needed to get a true power increase.

M4 and Akrapovic are awesome slip ons, but the cost is not cheap ($400 plus). The plus is both have headers you can buy to turn it into a full system later down the road.

Graves is great too, but not cheap either. Around the same as above. You can also turn it into a full system later down the line.

Spark with a tune makes the most power, but you need the full system to reap the benefits of performance.

Yoshimura is even more money ($500), makes less power than the Akrapovic and M4. Sound is meh imo.

Good less expensive but great sound is Lextek, they are made in England and sound awesome, plus the fit and finish. Also has a less expensive header than allows you to turn it into a full system. In fact, I just got a full system exhaust from them for my Ninja 400, plan on doing a video review on it on here soon.

Delkevic is another high quality, low cost exhaust, but the sound is meh. I have the Delkevic Titanium slip on and their stainless steel headers on my 2021 Ninja 400 ABS. Looks great, 13" profile is about perfect for the Ninja 400 profile, but as I said the sound is meh. The headers are free flowing and a nice looking grade of stainless steel. They have lots of different slip ons available for the Ninja 400. I have a Power Commander V and with the combination, I am definitely faster than a stock Ninja 400 and lighter, too.

Not a big fan of Leo Vince, particularly the LV-10. Mussari is good but less expensive and I would prefer it over the LV-10.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A bit late to this thread. But wanted to chime in as I have one of the Amazon Chinese knock offs. With about 2000 miles on it, not having any issues at this point. No rust or other issues as stated in other posts. Works fine, no noticeable HP loss, sound is much better than stock. Anything, of course, is better than the stock. Picked mine up as an open box for 40. Eventually I'll move on to a full system, but as a stop gap, they aren't too bad for the money. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 400 ABS
111 Posts
Hey, I have this very same slip-on and just noticed a small exhaust leak at the joint. Do you have this problem? Just wondering if it's just mine or it's just how they're made.
Put some high temp silicone or see if you can re-adjust the bracket.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts