Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
66F in maryland. dead cloudy and winds of 12-14mph. (snowing next week)
great day for riding and i did set out for the hills. only thing the forecast missed was that it rained last night and the roads are glazed over.
2 near slips on the corners and i am back in the den typing. :sad:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Newfallen snow called for icy-cold Martinis by the fireplace for the humans, and Greenie treats for the doggo.

Bombay Sapphire in a 12-1 ratio with dry vermouth, shaken and served up with olives. I prefer to use a midcentury Boston shaker set that was a wedding gift to my parents, but we recently replaced the original Hawthorn strainer with a new OXO brand Hawthorn due to rust. If the new lasts as long as the old, here's to another 62 years of cocktails!

Edit: I just walked the dog and discovered that the snow is higher than his legs are long. If this keeps up, perhaps there will be more snow than his height? I'll have to shovel a patch of lawn for him tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
666 Posts
Newfallen snow called for icy-cold Martinis by the fireplace for the humans, and Greenie treats for the doggo.

Bombay Sapphire in a 12-1 ratio with dry vermouth, shaken and served up with olives. I prefer to use a midcentury Boston shaker set that was a wedding gift to my parents, but we recently replaced the original Hawthorn strainer with a new OXO brand Hawthorn due to rust. If the new lasts as long as the old, here's to another 62 years of cocktails!

Edit: I just walked the dog and discovered that the snow is higher than his legs are long. If this keeps up, perhaps there will be more snow than his height? I'll have to shovel a patch of lawn for him tomorrow.
My version is very similar: Monkey 47 in a 1K-1 ratio with dry vermouth, on a rock, olives on the side (usually stuffed with a jalapeño )

It might be easier and more fun for Fido to have some stilts :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
Having moved from a house into a condo this summer, the first significant new snow has fulfilled my condo fantasy. I was able to stand at my window snug and warm, drinking coffee, while someone who isn't me cleared the driveway.

:yahoo:

·
Registered
15 Posts
OK I know, it's getting pretty quiet and boring when your starting weather threads on the forum :eek:
But I can't ride my bike cos it's 0 degrees (32F) outside. Well i can ride my bike but there wouldn't be any enjoyment in it and ice riding is best left to the Scandinavians i reckon Lol.

Here's a picture of my bike at present:
View attachment 8585

We actually haven't had a harsh winter (global warming?) and there's only a few flakes of snow on my outdoor table:
View attachment 8587

The mountains over the top of my neighbors house are nice to look at though, kinda mini Himalayas.
View attachment 8589

I'm sure spring is not far away. 5 weeks today and I have my first race meeting for the summer season. Hard to believe.
Time to put another log on the fire.. :grin:

Wow what a beautiful place. That is the mini Himalayas.

I'm in Thibodaux LA. USA Warm here...

·
Registered
54 Posts
warmer than expected.....14f this morning. about ready to clean 300' drive after 7'' of snow yesterday. snow on roofs is easy 24''. not much has melted since first 8'' day before thanksgiving.
snowmobiling is great though!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yesterday we had three inches of heavy, wet snow.

Today was a moody day. Fog, mist, rain, and eventually fresh snow toward evening. It was the type of day meant for century-old houses hidden deep in the woods where one could imagine ghosts may dwell. It's just not the same thing to be living in a condo built in 2005.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Today was a moody day. Fog, mist, rain, It was the type of day meant for century-old houses hidden deep in the woods where one could imagine ghosts may dwell. It's just not the same thing to be living in a condo built in 2005.
That's odd.. I've never found an acceptable hiding place where I could leave my ghosts behind. They just move in and make themselves uncomfortable. I've given up on trying to rid of them, and it's been a real effort to make amends.

·
Registered
312 Posts
70’s here for the next week - supposed to hit 80 next Saturday.
There's a fine line between sharing one's good news, and rubbing it in. But thanks for reminding the rest of US, less fortunate and still in the throes of winter.. We do indeed have something to look forward to. :wink:

·
Registered
571 Posts
My yard is green, seeds but still green.

Already cut grass once this year.

It’s been a mild winter in Dixie. Now if we could only get spring time rolling in.

·
Registered
150 Posts
There's a fine line between sharing one's good news, and rubbing it in. But thanks for reminding the rest of US, less fortunate and still in the throes of winter.. We do indeed have something to look forward to. :wink:
And it's a lovely 79F in the bay today as I look at my N400 gleaming in the sunlight from my work window :wink:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Don't worry, he lives in Pasadena...basically LA, among 20+ million people in the area where renting a 1-bedroom apartment costs more than rent on a big nice house in almost every other place in the country. I'll take cold weather for a few months any day to not have to live in a place like that lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
Don't worry, he lives in Pasadena...basically LA, among 20+ million people in the area where renting a 1-bedroom apartment costs more than rent on a big nice house in almost every other place in the country. I'll take cold weather for a few months any day to not have to live in a place like that lol
He’s not wrong. ^^ Too many beaches and twisty mountain/canyon roads too. :devil:

141 - 160 of 192 Posts