Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Quickly: been riding dirtbikes for close to 40 years. When my wife got pregnant with our first 25 years ago, I sold my Interceptor because I felt it was the right thing to do. Always missed street riding, every spring when the bikes come out, I can hardly stand it. Well, kids are grown now & the wife came to me a few months ago and told me I should get a bike again. Took the classes, ordered a Ninja 400 abs in pearl gray, took delivery 4 weeks ago. Not kidding, after only NINE MILES, a malfunctioning parking lot barricade arm came down on me while I was SITTING STILL and fractured & dislocated my left elbow. Dropped the bike after fighting it unfortunately. So, to sum up - after waiting 25 years to ride again, I got taken out going ZERO miles an hour. Just got clearance from the Doc today to start riding my (scratched up) new bike again tomorrow. New plastic is ordered to get it like new again, but I’m not waiting to ride. Tomorrow the helmet goes back on. As a side note, I was wearing full gear and thankful that I was. I was in my parking garage and almost didn’t since I was just moving it downstairs - but at the last minute, decided I shouldn’t risk it - so glad I did, it could have been much worse. Wish me luck - trying it again tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Welcome. :)

Heck! what a freak accident. Just curious, how come you were lurking under the barrier arm?
I've heard elbow injuries can be tricky, dont over do it tomorrow. Sounds like it's healing well though.

Yeah those last minute decisions can be crucial to an outcome eh. There's a thread lurking on here from a few days ago where I went over the handle bars of my push bike. As I left work I decided last minute to put my gloves on as it was a cooler sort of evening. Glad I did as I wore right through the gloves and still grazed my palm.

Anyways, all the best for getting back in the saddle - literally!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts