Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy from the FNG from Oregon! Been riding 20+ years. Sold the cage in 2013 and have been riding year round since. Thinking about trading my current 600 supersport for a Ninja 400. Great info on here and looking forward to learning more and maybe contributing! Stay safe out there!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome! Questions to help you decide on a 400.

What are you trying to accomplish with switching?
What things are most important to you in a motorcycle? ex. gas mileage, tank range, maintenance, etc.
Is there anything you don't like about your current ride and will the new bike address some of those issues??

If you answer some of these questions that will help us help you to decide if a Ninja 400 is for you or not!

You're so lucky to ride year around! I'm in Oklahoma and I just don't see that as a possibility. But I do ride as much as I can!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where im at in Oregon we have so many twistie roads top speed really isnt what i need anymore. Really im looking to have just as much fun but on a much cheaper financial scale. Fuel, Tires, etc. I'll be commuting year round but also railing twisties on the weekends and the occasional track day.
Kevin Duke's article on "Riding slowish bikes fast" really got my mind spinning lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
Where im at in Oregon we have so many twistie roads top speed really isnt what i need anymore. Really im looking to have just as much fun but on a much cheaper financial scale. Fuel, Tires, etc. I'll be commuting year round but also railing twisties on the weekends and the occasional track day.
Kevin Duke's article on "Riding slowish bikes fast" really got my mind spinning lol

Well then it sounds like the 400 might be a perfect fit. What’s nice too is there is top tier suspension parts made for it as well for pretty cheap I might add. So it’ll do the track day. Performance stock is pretty good. The front end starts to wander a bit when it’s pushed hard and the rear can be a bit jarring over a good sized bump but it handles well and predictable. It’s stable all the way to it’s top speed which has show 123mph on the speedo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Howdy from the FNG from Oregon! Been riding 20+ years. Sold the cage in 2013 and have been riding year round since. Thinking about trading my current 600 supersport for a Ninja 400. Great info on here and looking forward to learning more and maybe contributing! Stay safe out there!
Hey there! I am in Salem too. We should ride some time.

Jesse

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it took a couple years but i finally pulled the trigger last Friday lol. I have no regrets "stepping down" to the 400. This thing is such s fun bike. I was surprised how competent the bike is stock. Anyone complaining this thing is not "fast enough" has no clue how to ride lol. The exhaust heat shield though has got to go though, I cant get my foot into the right position when i hit the twisties. Excited about the 400 and contributing to the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
Nice, you finally did it! (In style.) (y)
So you ride year round in cold, wet, rainy Oregon?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts