Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I found out that my head-shape is actually round so I ordered a new helmet. My K1 still fits, but pinches slightly on the sides. I'll probably use it occasionally still.

I ordered the K3 SV due to the price and the drop down sunvisor (I have one on a 3/4 face I bought as a back-up awhile ago). Shortly after, I found out there's the K3 SV-S which sports an updated visor (pinlock issues on the previous - which I don't use), and with a nice spoiler. Personally I think helmets look much better with a spoiler. Although it does sometimes smack into my passengers from time to time.

Just curious how much helmet spoilers actually help at speed. I was tempted to cancel and order the SV-S, but I was kind of lazy. The SV-S costs roughly $100 more, and the SV-S is exclusively sold in the UK, so shipping times may be a bit longer. With my coupon, zilla bucks, and slightly damaged helmet box discount, I was able to get it the K3 SV for about $200. The SV-S is about $290 without tax. I found some aftermarket spoilers for the K3, but they don't fit as flush to the helmet.
Sports gear Grey Synthetic rubber Personal protective equipment Motorcycle accessories
Peripheral Mouse Input device Helmet Automotive design

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a good question. I have no idea but my guess is they are intended to smooth airflow when in a full tuck wearing leathers with a camel hump (whatever it’s really called).
That makes a bit more sense. My dumbass was thinking it mitigates your head from being pushed from the wind a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts