Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to do a trackday soon and those are the requirements but I'm not sure how to do it. Help and tips for track newbie are appreciated :)

Also is it a good idea to just ride the bike to the track? I dont have a car to tow or pickup truck...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Planning to do a trackday soon and those are the requirements but I'm not sure how to do it. Help and tips for track newbie are appreciated :)

Also is it a good idea to just ride the bike to the track? I dont have a car to tow or pickup truck...
Your probably better off covering the headlights up with an opaque removable tape than disconnecting them. The tail light connectors are under the pylon seat.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
I've done a few track days on road legal bikes. Here (in NZ) there is no requirement to disconnect head and tail lights. Are you sure about this point?
The concern is more about glass on the track so we just go around with a roll of electrical tape and put X's over the lights, indicators and mirrors if they have'nt already been removed.

Might be easier to see if there is a fuse you can pull for the headlights if you have to disconnect.

I've also ridden my bike to the track days. Can be done, just make sure you rock up with a full tank of gas.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sadly, it looks like both need to be disconnected and taped :(
I found the taillight plug thanks to Mr Mike, headlight I still have no idea
The headlight lead connector is located directly behind the R/R. Might be difficult to reach without removing fairings.

Or, remove headlight fuse located in Fuse box 1. Fuse box 1 is located closer to the front of the bike than fuse box 2. It is the 10A fuse connecting the Gray and Brown wire.

Also, the taillight and horn fuse is also in fuse box 1, 10A connecting wires Brown/yellow stripe to Brown wire.

Good luck!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!
Ill check when I get home from work today.

Adding to this. Would there be damages when taping over the headlights/taillight without disconnecting them? Owner's manual says to not cover the headlights with anything when its on

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why not just remove the fuse?
just wondering if there's a way to mess with the bike as little as possible since I'll be riding to/from the racetrack. But looks like removing the side panel and then the fuse is my only option so I'll be doing that!

·
Registered
764 Posts
just wondering if there's a way to mess with the bike as little as possible since I'll be riding to/from the racetrack. But looks like removing the side panel and then the fuse is my only option so I'll be doing that!
well the fuse box is attached to a small steel plate, maybe remove it from the steel plate and you might be able to swap fuse's after that from the small gaps in the fairings without having to take the side fairing on and off constantly. worth a shot?

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Adding to this. Would there be damages when taping over the headlights/taillight without disconnecting them? Owner's manual says to not cover the headlights with anything when its on
No damage, I've seen this done in all sorts of bikes. Just one X is all you need.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sadly, it looks like both need to be disconnected and taped :(
I found the taillight plug thanks to Mr Mike, headlight I still have no idea
That looks like an excerpt from the N2 manual. And it looks like you're going to NJMP. No, you don't have to disconnect the head or tail light. Just tape them up.

I highly recommend using gaffers tape. It sticks really well, is heavy duty, and will not leave any kind of residue on your lights or bodywork.

As far as riding there, that's up to you. I've done it a few times, it sucks. Riding there is one thing, riding home exhausted after a full hot day at the track sucks balls. Remember to stay well hydrated throughout the day. You should be drinking a ton of water by the riders meeting.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
As far as riding there, that's up to you. I've done it a few times, it sucks. Riding there is one thing, riding home exhausted after a full hot day at the track sucks balls. Remember to stay well hydrated throughout the day. You should be drinking a ton of water by the riders meeting.
Ha! Ain't it funny how we are all from different climates. Usually at our riders meeting we are all wrapped up in polar fleece and down jackets worrying about how little grip we are going to have. Cold tear on my tyres is more of a concern rather than getting hydrated!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ha! Ain't it funny how we are all from different climates. Usually at our riders meeting we are all wrapped up in polar fleece and down jackets worrying about how little grip we are going to have. Cold tear on my tyres is more of a concern rather than getting hydrated!
Yea, that's the case here too depending on the season. But July/August has been brutal this year. And it's not that it's too hot by the riders meeting, but if you're not starting to hydrate then, before the brutality starts, you're gonna have a bad time haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts