Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
I say 3....2 would probably go together for something not required for basic operation. But 3.....?????......
馃悏

Registered
Ninja 400 2018
My first service in 2018 was 53鈧 ($ 63) including tax, labor and parts, by the way i was right next to the mechanic the whole time making sure he did everything right to my baby, he didn't use a torque wrench once, so i said to myself i can do better than this guy at home and cheaper. Result: Never went there again and I intend not to go there, i will do everything myself.

What shocks me is how expensive labor is in the USA or Canada, here in Portugal labor is cheap its like 25 USD an hour if you convert it.

Registered
鈥18 Ninja 400
I just looked at the service schedule @dbrain posted. I put about 1300 km on the bike in 9 days of ownership. I know this is likely to go down as the novelty wears off and because I have moved the bike to the cottage where I will only be riding on weekends.

Even so, it's clear that it will quickly become expensive if I don't learn how to do some things myself. I just want to make sure I don't jeopardize my warranty. Thanks all again !
I just make sure I keep a receipt of when I buy filter and oil. I then take a picture of the receipt right next to the odometer to show the mileage of then I did the change. Is it 100% foolproof documentation, no, but it is something.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts