Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
That sucks man. We’re all with you bro. As someone in the restoration business who sees how it’s affecting people every day, I feel your pain. I’ve taken a few days off myself, I have a persistent cough, and don’t feel safe going into customers houses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my area of So Cal, a huge number of the pop I know was sick with this gnarly flu like bug. Started in the throat, then a persistent cough with a solid fever. It did not test positive for the flu. Docs treated it like the flu. I ended up in the hospital due to a gnarly high fever when I missed my ibuprofen time and got a little wackadoo. They gave me some aspirin, at 200 or so bucks a pill how nice of them. That lowered my fever and sent home the same day. My kids had it, girlfriend had it.

This was months ago, I think it has been here and been around. The govt is playing catch up, as per usual and, thanks to infighting, nothing is getting done. Save for them declaring what we can and can’t do of course.

I am in the necessary job category, so I go to work as per normal. It is likely my track day next month will get cancelled. That will be a bummer.

I just wish all the dum-dums would stop panic buying a bunch of crap that is going to spoil anyway. Most of the stores here are straight up empty.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I just wish all the dum-dums would stop panic buying a bunch of crap that is going to spoil anyway. Most of the stores here are straight up empty.
Still happening here too. Yst the Govt announced we are going into lock down tomorrow (Wednesday) and it just created another whole round of panic buying. The police ended up getting called down to the supermarket to calm people down.
I work in the roading industry and we are deemed an essential service so it's business as usual for me without the fun stuff on the weekends like going racing or even getting to watch motoGP on TV.
Life just got duller. 😑

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
Here in locked-down Los Angeles, it is interesting to see how many jobs have been deemed necessary. Every single trade in all the construction sites near me are working, every yard maintenance company is working. In fact, though there is less traffic right now, there still is a lot of traffic, a lot of work trucks etc. So to me, we are really not in lock down, just the hourly job guys and small business owners. I think of all the motorcycle shops near me, Cycle Gear and Dainese, the coffee shops like Dues Ex Machina and Peets...I hope all those cool cats that work there are ok financially. I'm all good for a lock-down but I think we have a pretty lame version right now. Either we should all be in (-hospitals and grocery stores) or we should just stuff it and all have a fair share at earning. OK, now to fight my way to the beach...just kidding!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Do y'all remember how it seemed that the vast majority of car air bags were made by one company--and when they had a design defect it affected almost every car owner? I'm not sure that our governments are going to know what the supply chain bottlenecks will be, and there might be terrible results if our lock-downs are too restrictive. What if there's a small specialty plant making miniature hypo-allergenic non-corrosive machine screws. Maybe they're non-essential in the local government's eyes? But what if 90% of the world's respirator manufacturers need their product to build respirators?

Modern high-productivity agriculture has a global supply network for most needed products or inputs. The northern hemisphere is planting and the southern is harvesting. I'd hate to see interruptions or crop failures.

We have to be smart about these business closures.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Smart, you say?? No problem! We'll have GM and Ford open and spewing out those ventilator what-you-ma-callits before Henry Ford can say get back to work. Cause I say so! Problem solved!... And til we find some more, wash and sanitize those protective mask things and stop complaining... And the Economy will be back to Normal by Easter. Cause I say so! Problem Solved! Perfect... :whistle:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I work on semi trucks so if if gets to the point that Georgia locks down I wonder if I will still be working? If not I guess I’ll be spending a lot of time in my shop working on my tractor.
Semis got a big shout out at yesterday's federal news briefing. I'm betting that your job will always be essential--no trucks, no food, no medical supplies, no nothing.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Smart, you say?? No problem! We'll have GM and Ford open and spewing out those ventilator what-you-ma-callits before Henry Ford can say get back to work. Cause I say so! Problem solved!... And til we find some more, wash and sanitize those protective mask things and stop complaining... And the Economy will be back to Normal by Easter. Cause I say so! Problem Solved! Perfect... :whistle:
I miss reality-based leadership.

·
Registered
334 Posts
And I should mention that my local Ninja store sent me an email that their shop is still in business with social distancing measures in place. You can drop off your bike in the parking lot, and they will come out to bring it inside. Don't expect to shake your mechanic's hand.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Good on them. Nice to see how creative some businesses are getting. As of yesterday the State of NC mandated eat-in restaurants, bars, barber shops, salons, etc to close. But the state-run ABC (liquor) stores were wide open. Stay at Home.. But no need to be miserable.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Good on them. Nice to see how creative some businesses are getting. As of yesterday the State of NC mandated eat-in restaurants, bars, barber shops, salons, etc to close. But the state-run ABC (liquor) stores were wide open. Stay at Home.. But no need to be miserable.
Now there's some compassion being shown! Our Govt has closed liquor stores. The supermarkets have beer and wine so I'm still good to go but yer bourbon boys are do'in it hard unless they had a good run in the panic buying derby.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, here in the mountains of E. Tenn. A lot of us are temporally furloughed but all orders are voluntary at this point. Mostly grocery and gas open. I did take a 170 mi.ride today. Stopped once for gas. Felt good to hit the road. Self isolating in my helmet. ATGATT!

·
Registered
334 Posts
It appears that recreational motorcycle riding is out in Wisconsin for at least the next month. There was some vagueness in the Wisconsin Governor's order about whether recreational motorcycle or cage riding was acceptable. I just saw two city-level interpretations that motorcycle and cage travel was restricted to "essential" travel. So it looks like a rider can be prosecuted for a violation of the order if a LEO believes that you are recreationally riding or driving.

I don't know whether tickets will actually be given, or whether they will be generous with warnings, but it looks like a possibility to consider.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
It appears that recreational motorcycle riding is out in Wisconsin for at least the next month. There was some vagueness in the Wisconsin Governor's order about whether recreational motorcycle or cage riding was acceptable. I just saw two city-level interpretations that motorcycle and cage travel was restricted to "essential" travel. So it looks like a rider can be prosecuted for a violation of the order if a LEO believes that you are recreationally riding or driving.

I don't know whether tickets will actually be given, or whether they will be generous with warnings, but it looks like a possibility to consider.
I would have thought having your head in a helmet would be a pretty safe option! :D

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
...There was some vagueness in the Wisconsin Governor's order about whether recreational motorcycle or cage riding was acceptable. I just saw two city-level interpretations that motorcycle and cage travel was restricted to "essential" travel. So it looks like a rider can be prosecuted for a violation of the order if a LEO believes that you are recreationally riding or driving.

SAME here. Our "Shelter-in-Place" indicates that we can travel only for essentials: food, health/doctor, money. Other than that we can be fined and spend up to 180 days in jail. They also indicated that PARKS will be open...but state that you must not sit on benches or touch any of the workout equipment there. OFC, I decided I was gonna ride to the PARK, because I couldn't possibly walk there lol. I think I'm safe from being fined lol.

YUPPP....this was me on the first day of our "Shelter-in-Place" ordinance (yesterday) enjoy the weather! 🤣 :

61 - 80 of 114 Posts