Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

Super Moderator
Seriously?? Even with the state quarantine, there is still a lot of traffic in LA?? That's crazy. I would've thought at least now traffic is somewhat more normal there.
Seriously! I went out twice yesterday, once to take my CRF250L to the shop (open because they work on police bikes) and once to take a spin to Malibu. It was a bit less traffic but I was still lane splitting. I'm pretty sure this lock-up thing is not going to work here. Maids and gardeners will have to report and people are going to start the rationalizing process of why THEY need to get out. My trip to Malibu was by myself and it was needed for my psychological health. See how easy it is to rationalize? There is even more traffic on the side walks walking dogs...crazy!

Registered
In this weird time, I decided to make the most of it. I would hate to let this new free time go away un used. I decided to get caught up on some reading, so now I am reading from two books a day. My wife and I also started to try and grow some vegetables from our little balcony and I am now going to take a picture a day. I also thought an hour of riding a day through empty highways to my riding area in Malibu, problem is the traffic is still there...must be a lot of "essential workers" in Los Angeles during our lock-up, I mean house arrest...I mean something...can't remember what "they" are calling this now.
Good on you, like your attitude. I saw an exhibition once where a photographer took a photo in his neighborhood every day for a year. It was really good and the changing of the seasons was captured beautifully.

I was a bit flat yst as it was raining and I couldn't do much except a little bit of work in the garage on the old SV and was lamenting my cancelled activities... again! But I keep telling myself to buck up cos I'm healthy and most importantly have a job that's unaffected.
But today the suns back so i'm going to get out and clean the van ready for next weekends bike pick up run and then I'm going to see if I can round up a riding buddy or two for a spin up the road.

@sbk1198 yeah I'm struggling with some peoples priorities at this time too. I mean it's not even a gastro based virus. How much shitting can one person do. There's loads of Asian nations that dont even use toilet paper, they must find this obsession quite bemusing from the sidelines. 馃榿

Registered
According to the ranking of the most affected countries, Spain is the third country.
here we are screwed. totally screwed up. We can not go out, the police and even the military patrol the streets watching that people go from home to the supermarket and then directly home. The penalties for ignoring are very high. 鈧 600 the cheapest penalty.
Of course, the bike stays locked in the garage for the duration of the pandemic.
The truth is that this situation is hard.

Registered
Be careful Americans, your virus growth curve is incredibly high. In a few days your situation will be the same as here. be preparing.

Super Moderator
Good on you, like your attitude. I saw an exhibition once where a photographer took a photo in his neighborhood every day for a year. It was really good and the changing of the seasons was captured beautifully.

I was a bit flat yst as it was raining and I couldn't do much except a little bit of work in the garage on the old SV and was lamenting my cancelled activities... again! But I keep telling myself to buck up cos I'm healthy and most importantly have a job that's unaffected.
But today the suns back so i'm going to get out and clean the van ready for next weekends bike pick up run and then I'm going to see if I can round up a riding buddy or two for a spin up the road.

@sbk1198 yeah I'm struggling with some peoples priorities at this time too. I mean it's not even a gastro based virus. How much shitting can one person do. There's loads of Asian nations that dont even use toilet paper, they must find this obsession quite bemusing from the sidelines. 馃榿
Amazing what a little sun can do!

I'm going to hand out (for free, two leave limit) organic dried jalape帽o leaves for toilet paper, not only will it get the job done it helps put the uncertainty of a global meltdown to a secondary priority!

Jota, we are right behind you. One more panicking politician and our national guard will be sticking the business ends of their tools in our faces. I think everyone on planet earth needs to open a bottle of whiskey and take a few healthy swigs. A little chill will go along way.

Kiwi, if you need to reschedule your CSBS and Australia is full, you can always come take it here and use my bike.

Registered
Kiwi, if you need to reschedule your CSBS and Australia is full, you can always come take it here and use my bike.
Thanks mate, last I saw on their Fb page they are still running the schools as the numbers are under 100 people. I was surprised to see that, but we are not in complete lock down mode here... yet.
The problem for me tho, as a Kiwi, is that I'd have to go over two weeks early and self isolate for 14 days then do the same when I got back to NZ. Still over two months away, see how it pans out. (clinging tentatively to my half full glass but the hand's getting a bit shakey lol)

Registered
Thanks mate, last I saw on their Fb page they are still running the schools as the numbers are under 100 people. I was surprised to see that, but we are not in complete lock down mode here... yet.
The problem for me tho, as a Kiwi, is that I'd have to go over two weeks early and self isolate for 14 days then do the same when I got back to NZ. Still over two months away, see how it pans out. (clinging tentatively to my half full glass but the hand's getting a bit shakey lol)
Better put a piece of tape on the bottom of that glass cuz it's leaking fast! lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #51
Seriously?? Even with the state quarantine, there is still a lot of traffic in LA?? That's crazy. I would've thought at least now traffic is somewhat more normal there.
The traffic is very noticeably less up here in the Bay Area/Central Valley. But there are still a lot of cars out there on the roads at all times...

To those who may be experiencing financial hardship during this time I read that if you call your creditors and mention you are directly affected by the Covid-19, they will defer payment with no penalty...

馃檹馃徎

Registered
To those who may be experiencing financial hardship during this time I read that if you call your creditors and mention you are directly affected by the Covid-19, they will defer payment with no penalty...
That's not guaranteed in the US (I don't know about other countries), but it's good advice. Just imagine being in the creditor's situation, and act as you would like to be treated. A head's up warning that you'll be missing the next payment and asking what can be arranged goes a far way in establishing you as a person they will want to work with. But debtors who ghost their creditors get the shaft.

You also have some bargaining power in this situation because your creditors also have ongoing expenses, and most are anticipating a lot of defaults. For example, if you can make partial payments, consider asking them to waive interest or late fees.

Registered
Given the last week or so, and given this is an election year, there may well be mandates on some creditor segments to allow more grace. Freebees all around. Or at least give the appearance so. We're too stupid to know the differences anyway.

Registered
I should add to beware of fake credit counseling, fake calls from creditors, etc. The crooks will look to take advantage of the panic. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Registered
Figured I鈥檇 lost here since the random thread is dead for the moment.
may hands hurt this morning. between the silt fencing Saturday and the 5.5 hours spent working my garden I am beat this morning. The garden is in, and the irrigation is fine so until the weeds come in I am finished. I planted 224 seedlings yesterday I鈥檇 been growing in my closet under a grow light. Getting a jump on ma nature.

Registered
Surely i'm not the only one that thinks that's weird and doesn't make much sense. Water being sold out or hand sanitizer makes sense...but TP and ammo?? lol I think the people that bought out all the ammo, guns, and TP are taking this entirely the wrong way.
Yes I also agree its odd...but I also understand everyone thinks(thanks to media and every blowing it way out of proportion, although it is a serious matter, just not smallpox serious) its going to get so bad you have to either fight for your supplies or go out and raid others to get much needed supplies....almost like post apocolyptic, between the news, movies and video games(don't get me wrong....huge gamer here) everyone is almost expecting Mad Max, Fallout 3/NV situation going to happen.

But yes, I totally agree if everyone would just isolate themselves, and only go out for suppies as needed...not hoard and stock pile (as if you can either never get out again or its post apocalyptic where nothing exists anymore) and just act normal. There would be plenty for everyone as needed....I mean ammo and TP stock piling is just stupid for this event.....

Registered
  1. I'm on day 4 of my Z pack. Upper resp infection started last Monday. Fever all week. Called doc on friday and he wrote scripts for a Z pack & codeine cough syrup. Constant coughing and coughing up crud. Sleep has been tough. Been sleeping on couch sitting up. My wife works from home b4 these issues so no effect there. I am dead in the water with work but not laid off yet. I manage a major food chains in store demo program so that has been shut down. I have not been tested. Luckily I kinda stocked up on food for 2 weeks plus and friends/family have been helping.

41 - 60 of 114 Posts