Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
We in California just got put in lock up...I mean lock down...I mean house arrest...I mean home stay...trying to figure out what my punishment for riding my Ninja through Malibu mañana ? A warning, a ticket...maybe firing squad...OK sorry, just a bit down after all this. I never thought I would be excited to go to work, money is so over rated!
Wow, your at that stage huh. Sounds pretty heavy. Watch out for the fun police.
We've just had crowd gathering # lowered from 500 to 100. Lots of job losses though as tourism is huge here. Govt bailing out our national airline which is pretty much parked up.

The Cali SBK school track days are still going ahead in Aussie as class numbers are less than 100 inc tutors, so I'm still clinging to my glass half full and topping it up regularly. Cheers! 🍺

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
We in California just got put in lock up...I mean lock down...I mean house arrest...I mean home stay...trying to figure out what my punishment for riding my Ninja through Malibu mañana ? A warning, a ticket...maybe firing squad...OK sorry, just a bit down after all this. I never thought I would be excited to go to work, money is so over rated!
I heard about that last night. I think the rest of the US will follow up soon. I've heard rumors from a couple of sources that the government will have a nationwide quarantine like other countries have already done. Supposedly the announcement will happen today (if it does). Guess we'll see.

·
Registered
334 Posts
There's starting to be some glimmers of good news amongst the bad. Milwaukee's local paper reported that Wisconsin's TP manufacturers are running at full speed, and Wisconsin supplies the region (we have trees and industry). Voters are getting absentee ballots ahead of time, and they're printing more, so yea democracy. There's some Go Fund Me's and other efforts to support unemployed restaurant and bar workers. Stores that were surprised by hoarding are instituting better inventory control and purchase limits, hopefully we won't have to use government mandated rationing like during WWII.

Hopefully we'll all rise meet this global crisis rather than descend into stupidity.

·
Registered
411 Posts
There's starting to be some glimmers of good news amongst the bad. Milwaukee's local paper reported that Wisconsin's TP manufacturers are running at full speed...
Hopefully we'll all rise meet this global crisis rather than descend into stupidity.
Thank God and Wisconsin for Kimberly Clark. Between toilet paper, diapers for young and old, facial tissues, and probably some variation of protective face masks, they pretty much have all ends covered. Good Luck on that descent into stupidity. Using Dante's Inferno scale of torment, I'm guessing we're a pretty consistent and solid 7 on a "good day". That only leaves 2 levels to strive for on a "bad day". But we can hope for better, and we should.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I heard about that last night. I think the rest of the US will follow up soon. I've heard rumors from a couple of sources that the government will have a nationwide quarantine like other countries have already done. Supposedly the announcement will happen today (if it does). Guess we'll see.
I’ve heard through the grapevine about a national guard deployed quarantine nation wide. I’m ready for two weeks or more supply wise. Being a felon we don’t have a firearm here but if the word comes down the pipeline about a mandated quarantine I’ll run to my dads and grab an 12 gauge based on the AK-47, and a couple pistols along with ammo. Just in case we see a societal collapse to some degree.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
... if the word comes down the pipeline about a mandated quarantine I’ll run to my dads and grab an 12 gauge based on the AK-47, and a couple pistols along with ammo. Just in case we see a societal collapse to some degree.
First in to suggest 'calm down' 😁 ;)

·
Registered
659 Posts
First in to suggest 'calm down' 😁 ;)
I’m as calm as they come.
but I know as well as anyone that there are plenty of bad dudes in this world. Closest city to me has crime rates almost as high as Chicago and Detroit but it’s a smaller city so doesn’t make any national news. I am responsible for my family, and I’ll be ready to protect them by any means necessary.
Like the Boy Scouts.
Hope for the best
Plan for the worst

·
Registered
59 Posts
I work for a restoration company”I won’t name”. We’re doing proactive and reactive sanitizing for businesses and homes. This means wearing full PPE. I know most people are overreacting, but it’s still scary out there for those of us on the front lines. If the government quarantines everyone in their homes which is entirely possible, we’ll still be out there permitted as an essential company. Everyone stay safe and stay clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I work for a restoration company”I won’t name”. We’re doing proactive and reactive sanitizing for businesses and homes. This means wearing full PPE. I know most people are overreacting, but it’s still scary out there for those of us on the front lines. If the government quarantines everyone in their homes which is entirely possible, we’ll still be out there permitted as an essential company. Everyone stay safe and stay clean.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I’ve heard through the grapevine about a national guard deployed quarantine nation wide. I’m ready for two weeks or more supply wise. Being a felon we don’t have a firearm here but if the word comes down the pipeline about a mandated quarantine I’ll run to my dads and grab an 12 gauge based on the AK-47, and a couple pistols along with ammo. Just in case we see a societal collapse to some degree.
Yep, we gonna shoot the virus real good! lol

I was amazed that all the online gun stores I browse and also my local store were almost completely sold out of ammo and most common guns sold out as well. It's crazy! It's as if people are preparing for war or something...it's a fuckin virus! lol Keep away from people and sanitize. This isn't a zombie movie lol

With all that said, I did order a new gun the other day! :ROFLMAO: But since every online store is so busy it said it probably won't ship for about 10 days, and who knows what the situation will be like by the time it arrives...plus it'll come to an FFL dealer so I have to go pick it up.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yep, we gonna shoot the virus real good! lol

I was amazed that all the online gun stores I browse and also my local store were almost completely sold out of ammo and most common guns sold out as well. It's crazy! It's as if people are preparing for war or something...it's a fuckin virus! lol Keep away from people and sanitize. This isn't a zombie movie lol

With all that said, I did order a new gun the other day! :ROFLMAO: But since every online store is so busy it said it probably won't ship for about 10 days, and who knows what the situation will be like by the time it arrives...plus it'll come to an FFL dealer so I have to go pick it up.
Your taking this entirely the wrong way. Some people try to take advantage of hard times with their lawlessness. Home invasion, robbery etc happens everyday where I live. Maybe you are in a better area than I am.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Your taking this entirely the wrong way. Some people try to take advantage of hard times with their lawlessness. Home invasion, robbery etc happens everyday where I live. Maybe you are in a better area than I am.
Sounds like a reasonable "better safe than sorry" approach. Might consider getting a sign for your front lawn... "Nothing on these premises is worth loosing your life over". Then another with a "Smiley Face", so you don't hurt their feelings.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
No, I'm just trying to make sense of it all. Pandemic spreading, lots of stuff being canceled, potential nationwide pandemic....ammo and toilet paper gone. Ummm, what?? lol Surely i'm not the only one that thinks that's weird and doesn't make much sense. Water being sold out or hand sanitizer makes sense...but TP and ammo?? lol I think the people that bought out all the ammo, guns, and TP are taking this entirely the wrong way.

I actually live sort of in the ghetto. Maybe not the worst neighborhood in the city, but definitely below average. The city has already been a lot more quiet than usual ever since schools got canceled. If there is a nationwide quarantine coming, I expect it'll get a lot quieter with most people sitting at home. I don't see crime rates going up.

Sounds like a reasonable "better safe than sorry" approach. Might consider getting a sign for your front lawn... "Nothing on these premises is worth loosing your life over". Then another with a "Smiley Face", so you don't hurt their feelings.
A better sign yet would be "Gun owner lives here. The neighbors are anti-guns though." LOL

·
Registered
550 Posts
Just ordered the Nano Silver. 3 bottles of Silver solution, 2 packages of silver lozenges. I cannot get/order the alkaline structured silver, they're in very high demand. Silver is homeopathic medicine to boost and reinforce your immune system, it comes in all forms eg liquids, gels lozenges, soaps and can be administered topically or ingested. I hear the military uses this for protection, so they're taking/buying the available stock.

DIY hand sanitizer: 1 part hard liquor and 1 part water. eg. 50% vodka with 50% water. The harder the alcohol the better.

I'm not too concerned about the $hit tickets right now, we got manufacturers here. More on the pharmaceutical medicines, which the majority are sourced and made in China.

Anxiety weighing me down, hard to sleep at night. Can't let stress affect you because stress can suppress the immune system. It's been 4 months since I rode a MC, I'm sure just one ride will extinguish all stress and anxiety. At least temporarily. Before officials impose a hard lockdown anyways.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Interesting. Around here, I haven't seen any actual statistics yet, but the news seems to have less than the usual number of reports of violent crime, break-ins, etc. I'm thinking the professional burglars are keeping low because school's out and many adults are out of work. And so there's a higher likelihood that targets will be occupied or a neighbor will be home and call 911.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Anxiety weighing me down, hard to sleep at night. Can't let stress affect you because stress can suppress the immune system. It's been 4 months since I rode a MC, I'm sure just one ride will extinguish all stress and anxiety. At least temporarily. Before officials impose a hard lockdown anyways.
It's easier said than done, but please consider how to turn this fear and anxiety into a positive plan for action.

Look at your concerns and plan how you can address them. For example, are you presently out of work? Where I live many service industry employees are out of work, but it was just reported that groceries are hiring, so if I was in that position I would make an effort to get one of these new jobs temporarily. Even at reduced pay it would still be something. Numerous essential businesses are already contingency-planning for high employee absenteeism, it might be a good time to get your foot in the door even if they haven't announced hiring yet.

If your finances are secure through retirement or paid leave, consider doing something useful rather than stewing at home. Are there family, friends or neighbors who can use your help? Volunteer organizations are starting to address issues raised by the pandemic and you might be able to help that way. Also, if you now have time on your hands, perhaps get busy fixing up any needed household repairs, farkel up your bike, or anything to keep occupied.

Doing anything useful, even something small, will be far better than spending your time worrying.

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
In this weird time, I decided to make the most of it. I would hate to let this new free time go away un used. I decided to get caught up on some reading, so now I am reading from two books a day. My wife and I also started to try and grow some vegetables from our little balcony and I am now going to take a picture a day. I also thought an hour of riding a day through empty highways to my riding area in Malibu, problem is the traffic is still there...must be a lot of "essential workers" in Los Angeles during our lock-up, I mean house arrest...I mean something...can't remember what "they" are calling this now.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
In this weird time, I decided to make the most of it. I would hate to let this new free time go away un used. I decided to get caught up on some reading, so now I am reading from two books a day. My wife and I also started to try and grow some vegetables from our little balcony and I am now going to take a picture a day. I also thought an hour of riding a day through empty highways to my riding area in Malibu, problem is the traffic is still there...must be a lot of "essential workers" in Los Angeles during our lock-up, I mean house arrest...I mean something...can't remember what "they" are calling this now.
Seriously?? Even with the state quarantine, there is still a lot of traffic in LA?? That's crazy. I would've thought at least now traffic is somewhat more normal there.

21 - 40 of 114 Posts