Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://ninja400r.com just went live. Crazy how they managed to pull 10%-12% out fo the motor with higher compression pistons and a 10k redline. Gives me a better idea of what to do to mine :smile:. Motorcyclist magazine just uploaded a video of it as well.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Although it confuses me how they got it up there..I am still concerned, how they are going to get that fine looking bike off that rear stand...sigh https://ninja400r.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Way cool, thanks for sharing.
The middle package sounds like the go without the limitations of the racing regulations.
From what he said it sounds like they got the higher compression form thinner gaskets rather than aftermarket pistons?
Interesting Ari reckoned the brakes were still a bit below par. It seems like the best route to go to get killer brakes is to replace the whole caliper and master cylinder like SDM did.

Would be awesome to have a ride on one!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Way cool, thanks for sharing.
The middle package sounds like the go without the limitations of the racing regulations.
From what he said it sounds like they got the higher compression form thinner gaskets rather than aftermarket pistons?
Interesting Ari reckoned the brakes were still a bit below par. It seems like the best route to go to get killer brakes is to replace the whole caliper and master cylinder like SDM did.

Would be awesome to have a ride on one!
You're right about the gasket, idk why I thought pistons. Makes it even more impressive. Makes the Thai 60hp Dyno sheets revving to 15k look more legit.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
As cool as this is, I feel like people are going about the little bike classes in the wrong direction. One of its main purposes was to be a cheaper option, for the racer on a budget. It's for the people who can't afford to race a 1000cc bike or even a 600, and be able to spend just a few thousand bucks, get a couple of sets of tires and go race. But now we're talking $12k little bikes?? For that money I can find a lightly used race ready Gen 5 ZX10R, or R1. You can find well set-up R6s and ZX6Rs for anywhere from $4k to $9k. I mean I understand exactly where that 12k figure is coming from, because I've done the math of what it would cost to build it myself with what I want and WITHOUT any engine work I got to about $10k lol...so I'm not surprised by the cost at all, but just think it's defeating the purpose of this class and racing little bikes. A couple of years ago I got a CBR500 race bike and I had less than $3000 into that bike in total. It was great. That allowed me to have a 2nd bike actually because it was so cheap.

·
Registered
145 Posts
As cool as this is, I feel like people are going about the little bike classes in the wrong direction. One of its main purposes was to be a cheaper option, for the racer on a budget. It's for the people who can't afford to race a 1000cc bike or even a 600, and be able to spend just a few thousand bucks, get a couple of sets of tires and go race. But now we're talking $12k little bikes?? For that money I can find a lightly used race ready Gen 5 ZX10R, or R1. You can find well set-up R6s and ZX6Rs for anywhere from $4k to $9k. I mean I understand exactly where that 12k figure is coming from, because I've done the math of what it would cost to build it myself with what I want and WITHOUT any engine work I got to about $10k lol...so I'm not surprised by the cost at all, but just think it's defeating the purpose of this class and racing little bikes. A couple of years ago I got a CBR500 race bike and I had less than $3000 into that bike in total. It was great. That allowed me to have a 2nd bike actually because it was so cheap.
Soo agree with you!

I love SuperStock classes, where few mods are allowed.
Stock bikes(or almost), 91 octane gas, one set of do-it-all tires. Spend little money and have tons of fun.

However, I don't care if the SuperBike class is still there. Each one to his own. I just like to have the chance to compete without braking the bank and getting paranoid about what my neighbor did to the bike.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Soo agree with you!

I love SuperStock classes, where few mods are allowed.
Stock bikes(or almost), 91 octane gas, one set of do-it-all tires. Spend little money and have tons of fun.

However, I don't care if the SuperBike class is still there. Each one to his own. I just like to have the chance to compete without braking the bank and getting paranoid about what my neighbor did to the bike.

Yep, the problem with club racing is there are always people who WILL do more mods to get an edge over the competition. In CCS, even in the supersport classes, you can do a little bit of engine work, and every ninja 300 out there that's been built to supersport specs is clearly faster on the straights than my R3 which has had zero engine work. And there are guys that will push it a bit further and have a halfway superbike built motor because they know if there's a few out there nobody will really contest it. Which is true, I've never seen anyone contest someone even though I know people that raced on illegal bike. It's too much of a hassle to do it and you have to pay a deposit, which you may or may not get back depending on if you were right about the claim or not. I could put about $2000-2500 into my R3 to gain about 4-5 more hp, but I'm not convinced it's worth it, especially because the risk of failure goes up then.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
They have their superbike head listed with Dyno sheets. 59 HP and peak looks to be around 11k RPM. Run MR12 and I'm sure it would put out over 60hp, impressive for such a little engine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you think racing a little bike is expensive go ahead and race a liter bike.
Your weekend tire bill will be more than a season on a 300 if you want to finish on the podium.
It is expensive to race and I would also like it to cost less but until we get fans in seats buying tickets to watch race entry fees are my biggest expense

·
Registered
101 Posts
Your weekend tire bill will be more than a season on a 300 if you want to finish on the podium.
It is expensive to race and I would also like it to cost less but until we get fans in seats buying tickets to watch race entry fees are my biggest expense

This is why I have stuck to racing on my ZX-6R the past two seasons and picked up a N400 to race as well this upcoming season.
I would love to get back and race my ZX-10R once again but yeah, that tire bill is a knee to the gonads.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Yep, same here. I've just done a couple of rounds at $440NZD (around $300USD) per round before you even start thinking about tyres and the like. Not to mention travel and accommodation yadda yadda yadda. Good thing we are keen eh :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts