Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have 3 full sets of new Hotbodies brand in Gray Primer. We are racing in Moto America and due to timing, had to go another route to get started for the season. Retail price is USD $ 700.00 plus shipping. Offering at $ 600.00 including shipping by UPS Ground to Continental US only. Shipping from our Quarterley Racing shop in North Carolina. Payment via Paypal. Call or text 610-217-9926 Bob for more info.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Guys, this post is from June. Retail on Hotbodies is indeed $700. In November Hotbodies always has the crazy 50% off deal which sometimes it extends past November if not many people buy them and have sets left (for example I once bought a brand new full set for a CBR500 for $240 because they had leftovers and it wasn't a high selling item). So at the time of this post, you couldn't find them anywhere below $700.

Also I wouldn't worry about the number of posts. OP is with the Quarterly Racing team, which is a professional MotoAmerica team. Last season they had 3 riders ride for them in the Junior Cup class, all on Ninja 400s. They are legit, I've talked to them before (mostly Bob), they have some great bikes and know what they're doing. Sometimes race teams get aftermarket parts after which someone else comes up with something better or due to sponsors they have to switch to other brands, which I think was probably the case here. They had other really nice parts for sale that were also brand new. But you probably won't get much response via the forum, best is to contact by phone.

·
Registered
460 Posts
@sbk1198

thanks for setting me straight. I have seen a few people on forums that are posiers, fakes, hustlers whatever. So I tend to be weary of people with just a few posts and then trying to sell an item for $1000. You pay it and never get what they said they have.

Most forums usually have a minimum limit of post before they can advertise items for sale mainly for that purpose alone.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
@sbk1198

thanks for setting me straight. I have seen a few people on forums that are posiers, fakes, hustlers whatever. So I tend to be weary of people with just a few posts and then trying to sell an item for $1000. You pay it and never get what they said they have.

Most forums usually have a minimum limit of post before they can advertise items for sale mainly for that purpose alone.

Yep, and in most cases what you said is true. But in this case, I know it's not so I figured I'd mention it so others don't get mislead. The key is in the signature line, and that he said his name is Bob so I figured out who it was right away. Funny thing...last time I talked to him during one of my race weekends in September I was talking to him about the K-Tech suspension they had for sale. Same thing as this, brand new, never used, but for a bit cheaper than you could find anywhere else. He pretty much talked me out of by saying they liked the Ohlins better, so I ended up not buying it lol Good guy, but maybe not the best salesman :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Yep, and in most cases what you said is true. But in this case, I know it's not so I figured I'd mention it so others don't get mislead. The key is in the signature line, and that he said his name is Bob so I figured out who it was right away. Funny thing...last time I talked to him during one of my race weekends in September I was talking to him about the K-Tech suspension they had for sale. Same thing as this, brand new, never used, but for a bit cheaper than you could find anywhere else. He pretty much talked me out of by saying they liked the Ohlins better, so I ended up not buying it lol Good guy, but maybe not the best salesman :)
Yeah, I have seen him posting at the WERA forums as well, been around a long time over there. He also had a set of the K-Tech drop in springs/cartridges for the forks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts