Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Relatively straightforward install.

Short version: open seat, disconnect wires, undo 4 bolts, cut old wires to reuse connectors, solder/crimp new wires to said connectors, reconnect wires, install tag, install 4 bolts, close seat.

Tip 1: The wires to the license plate light are mis-colored: attach the hotbodies white wire to Ninja black wire not black to black if you want it to work. (diodes care about flow of current unlike old bulbs). The turn signal wires are correctly colored.

Tip 2: You must install the license plate before attaching the holder to the bike.

Tip 3: Your license plate holes will likely need to be drilled out slightly larger to match up with the hotbodies holes that are too close together.

Pics: OEM vs hotbodies, OEM wiring harnesses being reused, installed look.

Edit: manufacturer video of install:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Thanks for that Scott. Since you have posted this in the 'How To' forum I have changed the title slightly.
Good job, looks tidy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Scott , Wonder how he got the box on bike looks a nice job,just what I need
It's a Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S Sport Motorcycle Tail Bag ($80 on Amazon). It can expand to about 50% bigger when you need it but still look pretty sleek on the bike normally. It comes with a bulky rain show cap type thing, but I sprayed it with camping tent water proofing instead (not sure if it's 100% but better than the cap that I was never going to bring anyway).

Install for the tail bag is loop the straps under the passenger seat. Simple but stable.

They have a slightly bigger version that can hold a helmet expanded if that's your bag (pun intended). :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts