Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nobody has mentioned it that I see, but I'm looking to pick up a can from Hot Bodies, based out of Poway, CA. The cans are made in Italy, says their site. The price is on the more affordable side for the Stainless Steel option (that I prefer).

Hot Bodies MGP Exhaust

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
This was the exhaust I seriously considered, more than once. I liked the look of it. I kept trying to find it on sale or a coupon for one of the sites that sold it, and I know its considerably cheaper than alot of the other ones, but I was so close to buying it, even in the cart and paypal just had to confirm purchase and then noticed the video they have on installing the DB killer for it, which is available but has to be bought separate.

With that I went and look at some other ones and went with the Leo Vince Corsa, which was built in China for Leo Vince (budget line) so I grabbed one from Ali and the guys who work in the factory and sell them on the side, lol
Or at least that seems to be how that goes with some of them, especially when the exhaust came with the Leo Vince aluminum stickers, and the embossed Leo Vince logo on the silencer cap :)

When it was all said and done, with the Anodizing mid-pipe I had to purchase (fits 50mm silencers) I think I had $99 in it total. Also based on Kiwi's experience and pictures of his Leo Vince Corsa pipe blowing the end cap off it, I also had to drill and install 3 more rivets on both end caps(this was free as I already had the rivets and tools to do it, just my time)

To be honest, because the Anodizing mid-pipe is not the best, but not the worst; the welds seem thin and weak(some have said they broke and separated more than once) So if I get someone who is a wizard to TIG it for me, I could be close to the same price....unless I can find a buddy who has a TIG. I know many who can work a TIG like a pro, but...most do not currently have their own TIG welder.

I think I had found the Hot Bodies MGP, Carbon fiber on sale somewhere around $200 once but your looking at $30 for the db killer...so to be honest if I did it over, I might just go with it instead.....sometimes going cheap pays off and sometimes it does not :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just installed the Hotbodies MGP slip-on on my Ninja 400 this weekend. Here are some video clips. I haven't had a chance to take it out for a ride yet, but from some low-revving in my garage only so far, I definitely like the sound of it better than the stock exhaust. It's definitely loud, but not as loud as I was expecting it to be based on some reviews that I've read.

Stock Muffler

No Muffler

MotoGP Slip-On

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
I just installed the Hotbodies MGP slip-on on my Ninja 400 this weekend. Here are some video clips. I haven't had a chance to take it out for a ride yet, but from some low-revving in my garage only so far, I definitely like the sound of it better than the stock exhaust. It's definitely loud, but not as loud as I was expecting it to be based on some reviews that I've read.
My vote goes to #3 :grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts