Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys was wondering if any of you had the hindle exhaust I really want to hear how it sounds as that is what my mechanics are telling me to buy?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have not heard this exhaust, but Hindle is a high quality part, produced for decades. I have had numerous Hindle (or Hindle-manufactured) systems, and still have a number of them on other bikes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
****. On second thought I might just order this. Can get it shipped to me for like $500 CDN. So much cheaper than every other option. I can decide on the looks once it's on my bike ?

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
5.75lbs is bonkers light for a full system. No wonder it's loud, there cant be much baffling inside the canister at that weight!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm really on the fence about this one. I checked it out on youtube and it sounds awesome. However, I wish the thing came in additional colors. I don't think this chrome look would look all that great on the orange/grey bike. That's the biggest issue I have with this thing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you like the look of it i would get it for sure. The price and sound are great, i was just going for a different look personally.

Reactions: TaiMc

·
Registered
144 Posts
You could paint it when it comes in. I'm having this issue myself... I'm thinking about getting the full exhaust since the price is attractive. I just don't know if I'll need a programmer or not.

Reactions: TaiMc

·
Registered
17 Posts
Installed the Hindle full system last night.
It went on easily and pretty quickly once I figured out how to get all the plastics off safely.
The welds aren't the best I've ever seen, but they're good, especially considering the price of this exhaust.
Everything fits like it should, and it looks and sounds great on the bike.

The Ninja definitely feels more peppy, I'm assuming as much due to the weight reduction as the exhaust gains.
I'm still in the break-in period so I can't push the limits yet, but I'm happy with this exhaust so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Installed the Hindle full system last night.
It went on easily and pretty quickly once I figured out how to get all the plastics off safely.
The welds aren't the best I've ever seen, but they're good, especially considering the price of this exhaust.
Everything fits like it should, and it looks and sounds great on the bike.

The Ninja definitely feels more peppy, I'm assuming as much due to the weight reduction as the exhaust gains.
I'm still in the break-in period so I can't push the limits yet, but I'm happy with this exhaust so far!
It does look good on your bike. Is the noise level acceptable and does it have a removable Db killer?

·
Registered
17 Posts
It does look good on your bike. Is the noise level acceptable and does it have a removable Db killer?
Thanks!

It's a little louder than I'd like when I first start the bike, but I wouldn't want it quieter once I'm riding.
I do not have the db killer, but there is one available.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I also just ordered the full system. Hopefully get it by next week. Seems to be the lightest, loudest, and cheapest full system available. Don't think it's my favourite in the looks department but not bad.

·
Registered
29 Posts
FYI: I believe you need the full system exhaust for the "slip on" to be connected. Unless I just did something wrong which is entirely possible.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Full Hindle system installed. Ridiculously light, 7.5pbs lighter than stock. Also very loud, no additional quiet insert available that I know of.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Full Hindle system installed. Ridiculously light, 7.5pbs lighter than stock. Also very loud, no additional quiet insert available that I know of.
They do have one available. I ordered one last night. I expected it to be loud but not that loud!

https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/hindle-evolution-and-evo-megaphone-noise-reducer/

1 - 20 of 62 Posts