Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have been riding for a couple of months with my new 400 and every time I turn off my bike I get a high pitches squeak coming from the fuel tank.

My girlfriend also rides the same bike and we took hers off for a custom paint job and it was still squeaking while it was disconnected. Is this a pressure adjustment in the tank or something else?

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Nothing personal but you can probably hear a collective yawn from the forum regulars regarding this post.
It's the fuel tank vent squealing, they do that so it seems.
There's a whole thread dedicated to this issue on here somewhere.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
The more fuel in the tank the more it happens. Its pressure being released.
Probably worse on a hot day esp if parked in direct sun I'd imagine.
I don't really know for sure as it's too cold where I live Lol.

I know the CBR300 spits fuel out the tank breather hose on a hot day.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Nothing personal but you can probably hear a collective yawn from the forum regulars regarding this post.
It's the fuel tank vent squealing, they do that so it seems.
There's a whole thread dedicated to this issue on here somewhere.
Uhmm.. Scuse me, But this is the first Iv'e heard of a so called tank squeak. But it makes sense, The Gas-Mice get hot and start squeaking cause they want out :grin:

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Uhmm.. Scuse me, But this is the first Iv'e heard of a so called tank squeak. But it makes sense, The Gas-Mice get hot and start squeaking cause they want out :grin:
C'mon Mike, get with the play :wink:
Type in search box: fuel tank vent noise. There's 23 posts there for you to peruse when you get a quiet moment.
I would post a link but I'm on my phone and don't know how to do it cos I'm just a country bumpkin from NZ ha ha :eek:

·
Registered
377 Posts

I'll trade you until it cools off here. It was around 108 F today and got up to 114 F last week.

·
Registered
656 Posts
C'mon Mike, get with the play :wink:
Type in search box: fuel tank vent noise. There's 23 posts there for you to peruse when you get a quiet moment.
I would post a link but I'm on my phone and don't know how to do it cos I'm just a country bumpkin from NZ ha ha :eek:
Oh darn, You must mean the thread where in post " #6 " I comment on the Tea Kettles that come as standard equipment on all new ninja 400s, Here is a link to that thread ---> fuel tank vent noise. So Kiwi.. are you saying theres no Mice in fuel tank.?

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Oh darn, You must mean the thread where in post " #6 " I comment on the Tea Kettles that come as standard equipment on all new ninja 400s, Here is a link to that thread ---> fuel tank vent noise. So Kiwi.. are you saying theres no Mice in fuel tank.?
No, in reponse to dealer feed back Kawasaki have dropped the tank mice on the N400. Apparently they had too many warranty issues with fuel pumps clogged due to mice $hit.
:plain:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

Yass! This just happened to mine last week lol! It was directly in the sun and it was ridic hot that week...been crazy hot lately tbh. I was like :surprise: Thanks for this description! :3tens:

·
Registered
656 Posts
So wait are you saying I shouldn't do the aftermarket fuel tank mice upgrade?!!
Yes but make sure they are white ones, they seem to perform best. :wink:
Originally my 400 came with the mice mod - Free. I read on a forum that mice mod shavings were clogging up the fuel filter, So I Paid a little extra to have it removed. Proof you can't believe everything you read.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts