Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well in a turn of random opportunity, a friends wife just happens to have a near-new carbon Two Brothers slip-on exhaust for a Ninja 400 for sale...I never even knew she had a Ninja 400 tbh! A great price was agreed upon, and it would be silly of me not to get it...see there's more local purchasing, hehe!

Registered
Oh man....the cringe-factor has just got even worse! After that email above replying to the sales manager, I got an email from the sales guy offering me $8000 ride away to win my business back. I paid $7900 ride away for the exact bike I wanted, with next day delivery. Face-palm! After informing him of this, his first question was "which dealer did this for you?". Dude...I asked you for your best price, and even after an epic stuff-up on your part, you're more expensive, so just let it go. I'm not doing your f**king homework for you lol! :p
Thats freaking great!! 馃悏

Registered
Dealing with dealerships can get ridiculous.

I'm actually hoping to buy a 2022 model in September because If I buy one now it will sit in storage until spring so might as well wait for the new model in 3 months

I went into a Kawasaki dealership in Sydney. The "#1 Kawi" dealer apparently. Just to have a sneaky peak. Get a feel for the dealership.

Salesmen tried gaslighting me saying that "the 2022 models probably wont come out this year due to covid" so I should buy a 2021 now. Haha.

Yet september last year Kawasaki managed to get their 2021 models in stock all throughout Australia ready for the season during the middle of covid.

I just laughed and said if you think im paying rrp for a bike thats about to be last years model you're dreaming.

The shite and lies these guys come up with to sell a bike, I wont be giving him my business.

Registered
I'm actually hoping to buy a 2022 model in September because If I buy one now it will sit in storage until spring so might as well wait for the new model in 3 months
Why's that? Probably a good time to break the thing in and get the first service done with the average weather. Quieter workshops during cooler periods as well (assuming you don't plan to do it yourself). Means it will be good to flog by the time the sun visits again without stressing about break in / first oil change / blah.

Also a bunch of track days that you can generally book less than a week out, if that floats your boat, so you can have some kind of "maybe valid" forecast before putting the money down.

Can't imagine the '22 model will be different enough to wait for it specifically, based on previous iterations, but your call.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah there are a LOT of douchebag salesguys out there, and the games they play and the bollocks they say are super-cringey. People are busy and have been through this before (they tend to forget that!), so that's an instant turn-off for me.

Having said that, I tend to agree with Dbrain on this one. If anything now is the right time to buy...the days are getting shorter, we're balls-deep into autumn and winter's almost here. Dealers are keen to move bikes on, so you should be able to swing a good deal like I did. If you wait til later in the year, you'll be buying at peak time (so no deals), and stock can be an issue (esp given how things have been with lockdowns, etc) As he mentioned also, the workshops are a bit quieter, so it's super easy to book in for your "run-in" service and there's good deals on those also (got quoted $149 from Kawasaki).

End of the day it's up to you when you choose to buy, but knowing from experience, this is the sweet-spot of the year to snag a good deal while there's still a few in stock that they want to clear out before winter. ;)

Registered
I wont ride in winter, no thanks. Thats what my car is for.

In regards to track racing I'm not experienced enough yet but I do plan to use my 400 as a track bike when I upgrade in a few years.

Every year a new standard model paint colour is released as well as a new sticker design on the krt models. Im happy to see if I like them more.

The way these dealers are you'd be lucky to get more than $300.00 off of rrp even at the end of the model year anyway. I'll just wait and let the purchase decision simmer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
How did you go with the pick up @mbikeboy ? Couple of sunny days, good time to be giving it a run.
Hey mate, sorry for the late reply! Pickup was super smooth and easy...exceptional service and going to the small dealer was without a doubt the best decision. 10/10 experience for sure! I've not ridden much since because of pre-commitments to other things, but have fitted a few things so far, am defo enjoying the new bike. The weight (or lack of is my favourite thing so far), lol!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts