Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
That's a fancy 'slab' alright, must make working on the bikes much easier. What's the history of the latest victim?

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 2010 Suzuki GSXR600 x2 2018/19 N400
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Kiwi Rider I can't tell you how many bikes I've built on the floor and for what ever reason never invested in a quality bike lift !! I made sure when I had to move my old shop to a smaller one,1st thing I did was order me up one of these lifts...from the back yard mechanic to the DYI guy it's a MUST have !!! it's the history it will make not where it came from !! LOL

·
Registered
116 Posts
Look forward to seeing it come together. After almost 20 years of working on my own bikes, I finally got a Harbor Freight lift this year and can't believe how much better it is than working off the floor. Its a little flimsier than yours I'm sure, but the price (free) was right.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@BretSV kinda funny the one on display at HF had a pan underneath the lift because it was leaking...LOL yes soooooo much easier to work on things especially pulling wheels !!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've done both, prefer the lift for sure. Many hours using a lift at work then on the floor or just a long pallet in the garage. I built a decent lift using an ATV/riding mower lift before I got back into track riding last year. It takes a few foot pumps and lifts the bike 18" or so off the ground, makes working from a mechanics stool comfortable. I can remove the top and store it out of the way which comes in handy over the cold months. The air lift is far superior for sure, but kills square footage I don't have not to mention the cost of a good one.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Kiwi Rider the downfall of being a shop owner is getting things at cost so you end up getting the best of the best !! 😠

looking forward comparing the hulk to this build !!! nothing good is cheap these days 🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Look forward to seeing it come together. After almost 20 years of working on my own bikes, I finally got a Harbor Freight lift this year and can't believe how much better it is than working off the floor. Its a little flimsier than yours I'm sure, but the price (free) was right.
The older ones were pretty good, my friend who owned his own motorcycle repair shop for many years and retired about 3 yrs ago, had two lifts and one was an older HF one he bought about 10 or more years ago and it is still going strong.
He even rigged it up with pneumatic shock and air

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@b0Xcrash it's hit or miss with HF...you either get really lucky with their stuff or like you got stuck with the fat chic :(

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I guess a break down of what this build will be getting is a appropriate ;

Driven 1.5 riser clip ons
Driven captive axle block
Driven axle block sliders
Motion Pro Rev 2 throttle kit
Spears on/off switch w/key delete
Spears steering damper kit w/steering stop
Accossato folding clutch lever w/perch
Spears racing clutch cable
Brembo RCS 15 m/c
Brembo 40mm caliper w/mounting hardware
Brembo superbike front brake line
Brembo rotor
Woodcraft rear sets
HM quick shifter
Bonamici case savers
RK 520 maxx gold
TST rear sprocket 44t
Spiegler rear brake line
Nortons lightened rear rotor
Ti bolts on both front & rear rotors from ProBolt
Spears radiator cap
Spears smog block off plate
Spears fuel rail
Spear heat shield
Spears tapered steering head bearing kit
Spears shark fin
Spears bypass plugs for kickstand & clutch
Spears kickstand delete bracket
Spears radiator guard
Spears thin head gasket
Spears undercut transmission
Spears flashed ECU
Akrapovic full exhuast
TST V-stax
MWR race filter
K-tech shock and cartridges
Anitigravity 12v-lithium light weight race battery
Spears ABS delete
Samco radiator hoses & clamps

bike will be tuned at TST Industries PCV

I'm sure there will be a few more things not listed or mentioned 😎

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL I have to tell him to stop putting stickers in the box which actually he did pretty good this last time...1 !!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
very fortunate to have such a knowledgeable person to get some great insights with the N400 and to share that knowledge is priceless !! SUPER GREAT GUY !

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so here you see the steering stem off the bike.removing the the cheap OEM steering head bearings to nice smooth tapered bearings. a helpful tip when doing this,put steering stem in the freezer over night then get to whacking in the am 😎

n400 steering stem.jpg
n400 steering stem 2.jpg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts