Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had installed the r6 throttle tube from Norton motorspprts but after some months with it now I've decided I would rather go back to the stock throttle tube, so I have 2 questions I guess
1. Can I just swap the throttle tubes and be good? (Per norton motorsports guide i filed down the cable guide)

2. Can I get a replacement cable guide without getting a whole new throttle assembly?

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Can you possibly show a photo of the piece you're asking about? I'm pretty good at looking up and finding parts, but terrible at guessing which one it is.
And exactly what year and model?
You could also shoot Jessie a question at Norton Motorsport.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you possibly show a photo of the piece you're asking about? I'm pretty good at looking up and finding parts, but terrible at guessing which one it is.
And exactly what year and model?
You could also shoot Jessie a question at Norton Motorsport.
I was able to just find a picture on norton motorsports guide for putting the throttle tube in, the top pic shows where it goes and the bottom is 2 of the piece, I appreciate any help I reaply don't want to buy a whole throttle housing

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
In my opinion you can just swap back to the stock throttle tube with no issues. Once you have it assembled test throttle action several times with the engine off, it should be fluid with no hesitations or sticking. Twist and release it should snap closed, if not either it is not assembled correctly or it is hanging up. It is unlikely the little bit you filed off will affect the action at all.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I agree with 51Ninja400, After looking at the schematic, that housing is sold as 1 piece, for about $115. You may stumble across a site that sells pieces and components of the assembly, but I have no idea where to look.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with 51Ninja400, After looking at the schematic, that housing is sold as 1 piece, for about $115. You may stumble across a site that sells pieces and components of the assembly, but I have no idea where to look.

Yea i looked on partzilla and they had it as one piece as well

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In my opinion you can just swap back to the stock throttle tube with no issues. Once you have it assembled test throttle action several times with the engine off, it should be fluid with no hesitations or sticking. Twist and release it should snap closed, if not either it is not assembled correctly or it is hanging up. It is unlikely the little bit you filed off will affect the action at all.
I'll give it a go, just.concerned I shaved down the one part a little to far, Ill give it a go on Sunday

1 - 9 of 9 Posts