Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot find a helmet that fits my freakin head properly. I’ve been wearing a shoei cause it’s the closest fit I could find, but it sucks and they don’t sell visors for it. I have a more long oval head that’s 56.5cm which puts me in between medium and small in all brands. I’ve tried on multiple shoei’s but most are on the round side. I’ve also tried scorpion, icon, HJC, and Arai helmets. Does anybody know of any full face helmets that have an oddball size that would work for me? Or that have adjustable interiors? If not I’m going to try a HJC RPHA 11 pro in a size small because size medium fit but it isn’t snug enough that it would fit well after it’s broken in.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Icon Airmada or Airflite, or Arai Signet-X.

Also some Bell helmets, not sure which ones.

The HJCs that I have tried have been very round.

·
Registered
2017 Suzuki GSXR1000 2010 Suzuki GSXR600 x2 2018/19 N400
858 Posts
there are some helmets you can buy different padding and some that are adjustable,higher end ones of course ! just remember it should be fairing snug

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Icon Airmada or Airflite, or Arai Signet-X.

Also some Bell helmets, not sure which ones.

The HJCs that I have tried have been very round.
I’ve tried the icons, they’re no good, the Arai is too expensive but would fit if I took out the little pads on the top sides. I haven’t tried any bells yet, so I’ll give the qualifier dlx and some of the other ones a shot.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I've owned 3 different HJCs, one was really uncomfortable in the same size I've always worn. But, any of HJC's upper tier RPHA series. are nicely made, replaceable inner cheek pads, and 'affordable' for a top shelf helmet. The RPHA 11 Pro is the most comfortable helmet I've owned and worn.... But, I'm the first to admit I've never considered purchasing a "big name, big expense helmet".... so your search may be more open than mine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Arai Signet is the only one that fits me comfortably. Yes it is expensive but I have never replaced one because it was worn out, only because it was at the seven year age limit. I am on number four and hopefully will buy one or two more before I can’t ride anymore. Revzilla sells at discount price’s so you don’t have to pay full retail. Rpha would be my second choice if I had a round head but this is a personal choice only you can make. Always wear something-a high-side in 1986 ground through my Bell Star so since then I have a helmet on before I get on any bike. Be safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I would recommend finding a helmet where you can buy different sized inner pads. If your head is really "oddly shaped", it's more likely you will be able to get a better fit with changing the padding than finding an "oddly shaped" helmet.

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 400 ABS in Candy Red
89 Posts
Arai Signet is the only one that fits me comfortably. Yes it is expensive but I have never replaced one because it was worn out,
Same. The Arai Signet-Q — now Signet-X — has been my go-to for a long time. I tried two other brands last year when I needed a replacement (my Signet-Q was seven years old) and wanted to save some $$, and neither really fit well. For long-oval heads, the Signet-X is the only way to go.

Arai also has different width of caps and cheek pads available, so you tweak it to a perfect fit if needed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Google Lid Picker it helped narrow the search a great deal.....

I got it thru MotorcycleGear.com which included a gift card that covered most of the expense of the lid picker towards whatever I wanted: helmet, jacket, suit whatever....

It is offered elsewhere and also direct from lid picker.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Google Lid Picker it helped narrow the search a great deal.....

I got it thru MotorcycleGear.com which included a gift card that covered most of the expense of the lid picker towards whatever I wanted: helmet, jacket, suit whatever....

It is offered elsewhere and also direct from lid picker.
Alright, looks like data shows the Arai defiant x or the signet x would work well with my head shape. Hopefully I’ll get to try them on tomorrow at a gear shop if they have them. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts