Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a Shoei GT Air II and while it's quieter than my other lids, I get a ton of noise coming from the bottom of the helmet, likely because the neck roll doesn't create a tight enough seal. The helmet fits great otherwise. I know that this is the problem area because if I shrug my shoulders as I'm riding, essentially bringing the bottom of the helmet towards my collar bone, the noise goes away instantly. I ride with earplugs and it's still loud at high speeds.

I'm looking at a few possible "helmet skirt" solutions and I'm wondering if anyone has tried these? 3 different products on Amazon. Not sure which one will do the trick. I just need to block the wind from entering the bottom of the helmet. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 400 ABS in Candy Red
58 Posts
I have no suggestions, but will be watching this thread with great interest, as I have the same issue. I appreciate, too, those three links…will take a close look at each this evening.

·
Registered
599 Posts
While neck gators can be effective at reducing wind noise, in warmer climates they are unreasonably hot. A better option is to try different wind screens that direct the air flow away from the area around the bottom of the helmet. Either higher or lower can help tremendously.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The other option is to get use to ear plugs.......they work wonders and actually help save your ears and reduce hearing loss

1 - 4 of 4 Posts