Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased the OEM helmet lock from Kawasaki? I am curious to know your thoughts on it or if I should go another route and find a different one. I like the idea of it being able to use a single key.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I ordered one from the dealer today and should take a few days. Once I get and install it, I'll post some pics and provide some thoughts.

Reactions: TaiMc

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've installed these on both our bikes, there are some photos below.
Installation is pretty easy (don't need to remove the whole fairing, just couple of bolts to be able to bend it and gain some access to the anchoring point.
One thing worth mentioning though - I don't think it's possible to remove the cylinder from housing once it's pushed in, so if you mess the key setup and install the cylinder, that's it. Need to triple check that it works with the key before pushing it in.

Overall we are pretty happy with the locks, very handy. A tiny downside is that the keyhole is covered by the helmet, need to lift it and get the key under to unlock.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I received mine yesterday and installed it today in less than 1 hour. Very easy install. No previous experience with locks at all, very straight forward. Read all the instructions first, then look at each part as you re-read the instructions and make sense of it, then follow the instructions. As Amnezida mentioned, triple check that it works with the key before pushing it in. Meant to do a video about it but got so excited to work on it that I forgot :/

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sorry for reviving this one but I was looking at the helmet hooks under the lockable passenger seat on my 2019 and wondered if the 2018 didn’t have this feature. If it does have it, what does this OEM lock offer that the hooks under the seat don’t?

Reactions: TaiMc

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sorry for reviving this one but I was looking at the helmet hooks under the lockable passenger seat on my 2019 and wondered if the 2018 didn’t have this feature. If it does have it, what does this OEM lock offer that the hooks under the seat don’t?

Yes, they are there on the 2018.. I would assume just convenience for adding another..

Reactions: Foobar

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yes, they are there on the 2018.. I would assume just convenience for adding another..
Ah yeah, found some additional posts that talked about it. Definitely looks to be a convenience thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry for reviving again, but some helmet's D-Rings are mounted too close the the body of the helmet, so the under-the-seat ones don't work. My Icon Airflite doesn't work with the under the seat ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts