Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been lurking around for awhile and decided to officially join today after picking up my black 400. I grew up riding and racing motocross and never owed a real dedicated street bike. I purchased a WR250R a few years ago but may have to give it up due to several knee surgeries. I just can’t handle much off-road these days. So far I’m loving my ninja. It’s definitely an adjustment for sure.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Welcome Orion. Where do you live? (you can add this to your profile if you wish)
I started out on the dirt too, still do a bit. Luckily my knees are holding out.
Mate of mine also has a WR250R, very nice machine to ride.
Enjoy the new bike and the forum.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I’ve been lurking around for awhile and decided to officially join today after picking up my black 400. I grew up riding and racing motocross and never owed a real dedicated street bike. I purchased a WR250R a few years ago but may have to give it up due to several knee surgeries. I just can’t handle much off-road these days. So far I’m loving my ninja. It’s definitely an adjustment for sure.
I tip my welcome hat to you Orion. Glad you made the plunge and joined the other Ninja 400 owners here. Hope you have an enjoyable riding season this year on the Ninja 400 as it a good bike to fill the void between a budget bike and a 600. Nice fuel mileage, lightweight, great handling, led lights, and stylish digital dash make for a great package.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Orion. Where do you live? (you can add this to your profile if you wish)
I started out on the dirt too, still do a bit. Luckily my knees are holding out.
Mate of mine also has a WR250R, very nice machine to ride.
Enjoy the new bike and the forum.
I’m from South Georgia but currently live about an hour east of Atlanta now.

The WR is a great bike! And thank you. Loving the forum so far!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tip my welcome hat to you Orion. Glad you made the plunge and joined the other Ninja 400 owners here. Hope you have an enjoyable riding season this year on the Ninja 400 as it a good bike to fill the void between a budget bike and a 600. Nice fuel mileage, lightweight, great handling, led lights, and stylish digital dash make for a great package.
So far I’m loving it. I didn’t want to wait this long to get it but I had my last surgery in February and I’ve been waiting to get my range of motion back. I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to bend it that far for that long. I rode about an hour yesterday and my knee held up better than expected. I was dead set on getting the R3 before surgery. I definitely made the right choice with the Ninja.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So far I’m loving it. I didn’t want to wait this long to get it but I had my last surgery in February and I’ve been waiting to get my range of motion back. I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to bend it that far for that long. I rode about an hour yesterday and my knee held up better than expected. I was dead set on getting the R3 before surgery. I definitely made the right choice with the Ninja.
Welcome to the forum Orion, good to hear your knees are cooperating. I to was pretty well set on the R3 but then Kawasaki came out with the 400 and checked all the boxes and one upped in virtually every way. When I found out the price would be the same between the two it was a no brainer. Happy and safe riding!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum Orion, good to hear your knees are cooperating. I to was pretty well set on the R3 but then Kawasaki came out with the 400 and checked all the boxes and one upped in virtually every way. When I found out the price would be the same between the two it was a no brainer. Happy and safe riding!
Thank you, Kawa. And you’re absolutely right. For what you get, the value of these bikes is incredible. I couldn’t believe they were able to keep the prices the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts