Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have been riding for over 35 years, so am another not so young member! Commuted across London on a GPX250R in the 80’s. Bought a Ninja250 three years ago. Great fun but wanted a bit more power. Tried a Ninja 300, but didn’t like the ergonomics (am only 5ft 2). Liked the R3, and nearly bought one last October. But hesitated because it wasn’t a Kawasaki! Then blow me if the ninja400 wasn’t announced. On paper it seemed just right, but was prepared to be disappointed. The demonstrator arrived in the local dealer a few weeks ago and....... placed an order!! My bike (krt version) arrived a few days ago. In between gales, heavy rain, fog and mist, have logged 350 miles. Absolutely love it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
GMN! You live on Isle of Man?! That is incredible...probably a first for any moto forum and certainly for ours! Great that you are thrilled with the N4...and braving the inclement weather to boot! You will have to tell us all about the greatest moto racing venue on earth from your personal perspective..Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Welcome chap. Great back hard you have there! Myself and a buddy went to the IOM TT in '95, great experience.
Have you done a lap of the circuit on the new bike yet?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome, guys. Have found some interesting info already on the forum and hope I will be able to make a useful contribution.

Set out for a lap of the circuit last Saturday, however parts of the course were closed for TT preparation!

Wear you over on a bike, Kiwi rider? Two years ago, was surprised to see a bike with NZ plates. Turned out the guy was with a group who had had their bikes shipped to Europe and were doing a tour which included the TT.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, guys. Have found some interesting info already on the forum and hope I will be able to make a useful contribution.

Set out for a lap of the circuit last Saturday, however parts of the course were closed for TT preparation!

Wear you over on a bike, Kiwi rider? Two years ago, was surprised to see a bike with NZ plates. Turned out the guy was with a group who had had their bikes shipped to Europe and were doing a tour which included the TT.
Yes I was on a bike that I bought to tour Europe on. So it was a very conservative touring steed - a BMW R65.
Unfortunately I had left a Ducati back home in NZ and I was still getting used to the lesser handling capabilities and lack of ground clearance that the Beemer had to offer.

Long story short I left the road at Windy corner on the Mad Sunday ride out. A classic case of over-exuberance!

The police impounded my bike and charged me with careless use of a motor vehicle. It cost me a 250 quid fine to get it back. That put a big dent in the touring budget and I hadn't even hit the continent yet!
I can laugh about it now though. :grin:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Manx man ( GMN 400k ) Love the island best 2 weeks of any year ever!!, this is a must pilgrimage for all serious bikers it is truly an unmissable spectacle and has to be included on your Bucket list. Unfortunately cant make it this year but have been for many previous years. We stayed at Glen Lough ( union mills ) for a couple of years now we stay at Cronk Ashen Farm ( Kirk Michael) our favourite viewing point is the Grandstand overlooking the pits suuuuuuuuuuuuperb, after that Braddan Bridge. Good to hear you like the bike - we too.

The below are just a few of many memorable pictures i have
1) Grandstand - amazing viewing - watching them come in for a pit stop seeing the crew doing their jobs - awesome!

2) Creg - got to be our favourite watering hole

3) GOD - Joey Dunlop - nuf said

4) Fairy Bridge - The most Humbling place on the island some of the tributes to lost ones bring a tear to your eye.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad I didn’t mention that generally avoid the mountain part of the course during the TT because of the would be road racers!! The mountain is now 1 way in the direction of the course during the TT.

·
Registered
764 Posts
to do a lap at IOM TT even on a scooter would be a dream, I wouldnt mind a lap on my 400, for now all I have is peter Brocks mountain in Gidgegannup which is okay though the roads are always covered in bs like oil and sand everywhere :/ I once saw a zx10 go off the road at over 100km and the guy didnt have a scratch on him really crazy stuff

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
emudshit;14457[B said:
]to do a lap at IOM TT even on a scooter would be a dream, [/B]I wouldnt mind a lap on my 400, for now all I have is peter Brocks mountain in Gidgegannup which is okay though the roads are always covered in bs like oil and sand everywhere :/ I once saw a zx10 go off the road at over 100km and the guy didnt have a scratch on him really crazy stuff
Make it happen mate. I've got so many riding buddies here that watch the TT every year on TV and go 'man it would be great to go over there one day for that'. I feel like throttling them some times! :D
You've just got to prioritise it, save the coin and do it. You wont regret it.

I tried to get a trip off the ground last year where we could do the TT, the french Moto GP and the UK round of the Superbikes within a 4 or 5 week window. It all lined up.
Every one liked the sound of it but no-one would commit to booking tickets.
Sorry, off topic rant there. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts