Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Will be getting my ninja closer to the May-June mark, But wanted to say hello, I’ve made a few posts already

So, introductory I suppose... never actually did a new member post before lol
I’ll be 25 in March, taking the MSF course the 23rd of February, and until I actually get my bike I’ve been agonizing over what bike to get. Bouncing between Ninja 400, MT-07, and Indian Scout. (Opinions are welcome, in my head ninja 400 seems like it would be the best starter, mt 07 would be a good starter I could grow into, Scout is the same plus I would keep it until it broke down)

What else... working on losing a few pounds, I’m a job coach for special needs students, FL is way to hot and has the highest rate of motorcycle deaths in the nation, I want to figure out how to go about passing a lane splitting law, and I game on PC. I guess that’s about it. This is a super awkward post ?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Hey Lucros, always good to hear other riders back ground story.
I think the 400 would be the best bet as a starter bike. It's good to learn the core riding skills on a machine that's not too intimidating.
Try and wear the protective gear despite that FL heat!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome!
Are you sure about Indian Scout as a first bike? I know many people start on cruisers due to their low seat height, but it's a heavy machine to learn on. :)
Not that it matters if you really like it. ;)

PS What do you play on PC?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am a FIRM believer in ATGATT, already have all my gear (except gloves), I’m leaning towards the 400, I love the Scout, beautiful bike and insurance is crazy cheap ($100 collision deductible) but like FreeZuch said, it’s a heavy bike and I want something more flickable, plus I think modding the ninja would be more fun.
Plus if I dropped the scout I’d be waaaay more pissed at dropping a 12.5k bike lol

Currently I wa splaying Destiny 2, I hop on Overwatch occasionally, Divinity 2 original sin, mount and blade, Witcher 3, but mainly right now I’m obsessing over any and all things motorcycle lol (gf is getting irritated), but mainly I’m playing xenoverse 2 and Zelda on my Switch atm

·
Registered
16 Posts
Progressive atm, as far as I know there the cheapest
Did you get the bike? Where from, what was the OTD price?

I live in Broward. I plan on getting a 2018 Ninja 400 if I can get a deal or going with the z400. My wife has been irritated with my desire for a bike, too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts