Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've been riding since 2013 and loving it. Wife and I wanted to add another bike to our garage and we decided that the Ninja 400 was a good fit. As of right now, we have the following bikes:

Mine: Red fz09, Grey Z125 Pro
Wife: Black R3, Green Z125 Pro
Shared: Ninja 400 (for now)

As of right now, the ninja is our shared bike since my wife wanted to get a slightly more powerful bike than her R3 while I wanted a bike that fit between the z125 pro and FZ09. Going to be honest here, the z125 is a lot of fun but only hitting 58MPH with me at 250lbs is really limiting during the commute. Good news is that my commute is consist of back roads with 55mph being the speed limit.

We are looking forward to owning this 400 since it seems very promising for being light and fun. BTW, our first running bike was a 2006 Black/Red Ninja 500. That was the one bike that we really regret selling.

Our bike owning history:
1978 KZ650 Sold (never got it running)
1998 Bandit 600 (Parts bike)
2006Ninja 500 Sold
1996 Bandit 600 Sold (Used the 98 for parts)
2014 FZ09
2015 R3
2x 2016 Z125Pro
Ninja 400

I'm looking forward to seeing and maybe meeting some of you guys! Stay safe.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. You have wife have owned quite a few bikes.

I'm a new rider that started in 2016. I had a Ducati scrambler as my first bike and sold it last year. I purchased the Ninja 400 (ABS pearl yellow/gray/black) about a week ago and it was delivered this past Fri. If the weather is decent in New York, I plan to do an initial ride later this week.

Does your wife plan on keeping the R3 or will you be selling it? It would be great to get a comparison between the 400 and R3 once you have some riding time on the new bike.

Do you have a color in mind?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Doroyce05, Welcoming you and your wife to the forum. Hope the riding in San Antonio agrees with you, your wife and the garage of bikes you both have.
I can remember test riding a KZ5650 when I made a trip to California in 1977, what a great bike that was for it's time.
So what color ex400 did you obtain? Might as well make yourself at home and post a few pics in your forum garage. Glad to have you on board.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. You have wife have owned quite a few bikes.

I'm a new rider that started in 2016. I had a Ducati scrambler as my first bike and sold it last year. I purchased the Ninja 400 (ABS pearl yellow/gray/black) about a week ago and it was delivered this past Fri. If the weather is decent in New York, I plan to do an initial ride later this week.

Does your wife plan on keeping the R3 or will you be selling it? It would be great to get a comparison between the 400 and R3 once you have some riding time on the new bike.

Do you have a color in mind?
AWanderlustSeoul, the weather is hitting 53 here today, how is it in NY?

·
Registered
423 Posts
AWanderlustSeoul, the weather is hitting 53 here today, how is it in NY?
It’s still kind of cold. The high today was 43 F. This may be warm enough to ride but I’m still getting adjusted to the cold weather. I think the coldest I ever rode in San Francisco was in the mid-50s F. I probably need to buy some warmer gear. :)

Reactions: rde09

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!. We bought the Plasma Blue color. We were going to pick it up last night but a storm past through our city and it was pointless to try to ride the bike in the rain. We will be keeping the R3 since if the wife like the n400, I get to keep her R3 and vise-versa. We really enjoy having the R3 since it is a fun bike but out of all of our bikes, the z125 is the most fun around town.

We are planning on taking both R3 and N400 to South Texas this upcoming 3day weekend. That is about a 4-hour ride one-way for us. It should be fun since the weather will be in the high 70 on Friday and low 80s on Sunday.

I will definitely post some pictures of the bike when we pick it up on Thursday.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks guys!. We bought the Plasma Blue color. We were going to pick it up last night but a storm past through our city and it was pointless to try to ride the bike in the rain. We will be keeping the R3 since if the wife like the n400, I get to keep her R3 and vise-versa.
Welcome! What happens if you both like the Ninja 400?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome my dude! Good to hear from fellow Texans! I’m super excited that I got my bike! I heard where I got my bike was one of the first in Texas to receive the N400s and I was really stoked to learn that as i signed my bike and rode away that same day! About a month ago. Already have 1,400 miles on it! Just ordered my fender eliminator (tst ind.) and my Yoshimura slip on arrives tomorrow! I have the grey yellow and black abs model. Absolutely love it!!! I’m from Laredo by the way. Hope you and your wife enjoy riding that hog as much as I do

1 - 12 of 12 Posts