Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all. The 400 will be my new track back. I blew my engine on my N300 so I am really hoping that most of my parts off my N300 will fit on the N400. Has anyone tried yet?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Welcome SDM. :smile:
When are the 400's expected to hit the Philippines?
There's only one member on here who has a bike at this stage so no info on whether 300 bits will fit. I'm not expecting much to be compatible as the frame is all new. It would be great if aftermarket mufflers did.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome SDM. :smile:
When are the 400's expected to hit the Philippines?
There's only one member on here who has a bike at this stage so no info on whether 300 bits will fit. I'm not expecting much to be compatible as the frame is all new. It would be great if aftermarket mufflers did.
Thanks,

First week February they should be on showroom floor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello! And welcome to forum (Im kinda new here too)

Yea, as mentioned, N400 has new frame, new styling, new engine built from ground up, so... I wouldnt be too hopeful about N300 parts fitting. :/

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to the forum SDM! Sorry to hear about your 300. How did you manage to do that? And as mentioned above I wouldn't hold your breath on being able to transfer over too many parts. Figures this is the year they decide to discontinue the 300 aha.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Do you already have an idea of what sort of modifications and/or accessories you want to add during the early days of your build?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum SDM! Sorry to hear about your 300. How did you manage to do that?
I used the N300 for track, in Philippines you can do engine mods your not limited to running stock parts. The engine had a bore kit, cams, port and polished exhaust, maggot tip (TYGA), roughed up the intakes a little more. ECU flashed, RPM limiter raised etc. Was running the track went to up shift (using Quick shifter GP style shift) it hung on the shift went into gear then right back out of it caused it to overrev and blew the connecting rods. Was going to purchase those last year from carrillo. Decided to wait until this year before race season starts as they are $500 a set as we would freshen the engine anyways. I tried to import an engine from USA, got stolen by customs its a long story dont ask.

The 300 before engine failure

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum.

Do you already have an idea of what sort of modifications and/or accessories you want to add during the early days of your build?
This will be a track bike. I am a big guy 6'2" 225 lbs so of course suspension will be first on the list when its available more than likely Ohlins cartridges for the front and Ohlins shock for the rear. Engine I will leave stock for now. Remove head lights, all extra unneeded weight. Install a flasher on the rear break light for races in the rain.

I have a few items that I am pretty sure will fit from my N300
Shorty clutch/brake lever
Nissan master cylinder from an 04 GSXR
Quick Shifter
Attack rear set

Hoping these will fit
Brembo 4 piston caliper
DID 520 chain with -1 front and +4 rear sprocket
Ohlins rear shock.... A big maybe
N300 race fairings I doubt it but maybe something might I will know soon

Things that wont fit will go up for sale
ohlins 37mm cartridges