Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Last Monday, I bought my wife the Metallic Black ABS and put on the first 35 miles to get it home for her So I thought I'd get hooked up with a forum about the bike. Though it's not for me, I'll be the one maintaining it.

Reactions: rde09

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello all,
Last Monday, I bought my wife the Metallic Black ABS and put on the first 35 miles to get it home for her So I thought I'd get hooked up with a forum about the bike. Though it's not for me, I'll be the one maintaining it.
Welcome! I think you’re the 3rd person from Oklahoma on here. What part of Oklahoma are you from? I’m in Broken Arrow and I believe the other guy is from Broken Arrow as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in the cross hairs of tornadoes wanting to hit the same city over and over again....Moore.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome to the forum. How does your wife like the bike so far?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Though she took the Begginers Rider's Course a couple of years ago and she hasn't piloted a bike since, we decided to retrain on a CRF150F and let her relearn the basics of doing take off and stops, working our way to upshifts and downshifts and so on. Figured, if she went down, it wouldn't be so bad on a dirt bike riding on a mix of great and the sidewalk. Unfortunately, 2 days of short practices before I had to go back to work in the oilfield and out of town. So hopefully next days off for me and we will get her some more riding time in and maybe see if she is ready to start putting some time in on the Ninja. But I'm trying to work with her at her pace, so hopefully next week, we will see.

·
Registered
423 Posts
That's great your wife wants to get into riding. Maybe it would be good for her to take the MSF course again as a refresher and to build more confidence.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never understood why anyone would live in Moore with as many times as it gets hit. You’re far braver than me! Lol
I didn't want to leave Hawaii as a dependent, but the Navy and my father is what brought me and my family here in 1992 and so it has become home now with me and my wife and kids. With my wife as a realtor, we will more than likely move out of the city area.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I didn't want to leave Hawaii as a dependent, but the Navy and my father is what brought me and my family here in 1992 and so it has become home now with me and my wife and kids. With my wife as a realtor, we will more than likely move out of the city area.
Are you part of OKCSB on facebook? Welcome btw.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum. How does your wife like the bike so far?
Now she has had a chance to ride with me and I can say she absolutely loves the bike! Had to adjust the clutch for some reason. Between me bringing it home and her taking it out yesterday and somewhere in between. The clutch engagement was out further than I remember. A quick adjust and today she said it was much better. Also installed a Vanguard Motorsports Fender Eliminator and she was really happy how cleaned up her baby looks! So, she is super stoked with her ride!

·
Registered
423 Posts
That's great that she loves the bike!

I purchased the Vagabond Tail Tidy and still need to install it. I plan to hold off until I'm pretty sure most of the rainy days are over in the east coast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts