Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I've had my lil Ninja for a year now. Rode it mostly stock last year, and currently in the process of multiple upgrades. I've found myself on this forum quite a bit over the last two months so I decided I might as well join in on the fun.

Born and raised in Ohio (Holla if you're also from here). New to the motorcycle game as of last year, but my other hobbies include competition shooting. Mostly IDPA and USPSA but that has slowed. Huge photographer. Dad did it his whole life and it brushed off on me. I'm a manager of an upscale pizza shop, while I pursue photography among other things with the ultimate goal of working for myself within the next year or two before I move with my GF who is active duty. Other than that, we have our two fur babies. A Huskie and a Labmix who love to run and play. We just bought a house and are in the middle of a complete remodel right now. But, I have my garage which has turned into my motorcycle shop this winter.

Excited to be presented with large knowledge bombs and hopefully can impart some upon others here as well to share the common wealth of knowledge.

P.S. if anyone can link me to some pretty aggressive front break pads, you'd be gold. I was on a business trip two weeks ago out of state and stopped by a large motorcycle shop. Long story short, he sold me EBC SFA197HH pads.... Then I read on the 300 forum that there are three different HH options so my head hurts and I want someone to make my life easy now...

All for now, thanks!

190313_Day 1 motorcycle_0001.jpg

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hello everyone!

I've had my lil Ninja for a year now. Rode it mostly stock last year, and currently in the process of multiple upgrades. I've found myself on this forum quite a bit over the last two months so I decided I might as well join in on the fun.

Born and raised in Ohio (Holla if you're also from here). New to the motorcycle game as of last year, but my other hobbies include competition shooting. Mostly IDPA and USPSA but that has slowed. Huge photographer. Dad did it his whole life and it brushed off on me. I'm a manager of an upscale pizza shop, while I pursue photography among other things with the ultimate goal of working for myself within the next year or two before I move with my GF who is active duty. Other than that, we have our two fur babies. A Huskie and a Labmix who love to run and play. We just bought a house and are in the middle of a complete remodel right now. But, I have my garage which has turned into my motorcycle shop this winter.

Excited to be presented with large knowledge bombs and hopefully can impart some upon others here as well to share the common wealth of knowledge.

P.S. if anyone can link me to some pretty aggressive front break pads, you'd be gold. I was on a business trip two weeks ago out of state and stopped by a large motorcycle shop. Long story short, he sold me EBC SFA197HH pads.... Then I read on the 300 forum that there are three different HH options so my head hurts and I want someone to make my life easy now...

All for now, thanks!
Welcome!
Yeah I am originally from Ohio, Cleveland area downtown...then later moved to Valley City for a few years. Have a friend on the Cincinnati Fire Department.

Brake pads......so I guess it depends on what you need.

Track riders love the Vesrah pads, they also have 3 variants of those. Typically it goes variant for street and track riding, track riding/racing and maybe some street with high wear to rotors, then straight up track and race only.

EBC is pretty much the same, organic, semi-sintered, sintered, carbon, etc..

What you got is pretty good and won't damage the discs, as in wear them out any faster than organic pads. They should give you good stopping power, over OEM by a good bit, last a while and not add any extra disc wear over OEM.

Unless you are doing some very hard braking deep into the corner, or on the track and use the brakes alot hard, this will do the job without fade.
Also......nice thing about the 400 is the fast guys won't be using the brakes anyway...especially not like the big bikes where you brake hard and deep into the corner, lay it over and stand it up as soon as possible and then hammer fist the crap outta the throttle. A point and shoot approach.

With the 400 you just point with the throttle pinned all the time...not me, but the guys that can actually ride the wheels off them will :)

·
Super Moderator
835 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As you have probably found out there are lots of good mod write ups here and some great people to back it up. Looking forward to seeing some of your bike photography. I spent my entire adult working life in professional photography, now I do it for me. I have been doing a picture a day during the lock-up here in LA (and averaging 10 miles a day walking my Husky). This is Carley, she lives to play in the snow...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts