Ninja 400 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled across this rather informative forum when I was hunting for exhaust options on my Ninja400 so ****, why not join!

Ordered my KRT Ninja400 last year and it was a very long wait until the first crates of them arrived here in Feb. I am purely a pleasure rider, so since Feb have only just clocked to 1,500kms. It took me a while to get to it's first service, that's for sure!

Absolutely love it for my first bike, having previously learnt on a friends GT650R.

Nice to meet you all and I'll be hovering around to get my head around everything/mods etc

Attachments

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
A warm welcome from a fellow countryman. What part do you reside in?

I found the wait from November to February a long one too. But even worse my dealer missed out on the first shipment so i had to wait another month.. I'm OK about it now honestly :D

Hopefully you find lots of useful info on here.

BTW, Nice pic of your KRT with the plain wall background.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Stumbled across this rather informative forum when I was hunting for exhaust options on my Ninja400 so ****, why not join!

Ordered my KRT Ninja400 last year and it was a very long wait until the first crates of them arrived here in Feb. I am purely a pleasure rider, so since Feb have only just clocked to 1,500kms. It took me a while to get to it's first service, that's for sure!

Absolutely love it for my first bike, having previously learnt on a friends GT650R.

Nice to meet you all and I'll be hovering around to get my head around everything/mods etc
Hey welcome to the forums ChaoticBlonde - Interesting forum handle, theres lots of people here with tons of information on pips, search the forums and youll find all the info on it you need and don't be bashful as the people that have them what they think... nice meeting ya.

I found the wait from November to February a long one too. But even worse my dealer missed out on the first shipment so i had to wait another month.. I'm OK about it now honestly :D

Lol Kiwi.. don't you mean, A cold welcome from a fellow countryman. Funny guy you...!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Good to see Kiwi's floating the forums, and yes, a very cold welcome! :angel: From Auckland!
Did you end up going KRT as well?

I have found heaps of good stuff, I'm currently exhaust hunting so hoping to purchase something soon but NZ supply is (which I'm sure you know) limited!

Hey welcome to the forums ChaoticBlonde - Interesting forum handle, theres lots of people here with tons of information on pips, search the forums and youll find all the info on it you need and don't be bashful as the people that have them what they think... nice meeting ya.

Lol Kiwi.. don't you mean, A cold welcome from a fellow countryman. Funny guy you...!
Thank you. Yes it's good to pick the brains of those that know what they're talking about.
I come from a car background and am very fresh into bikes having only pursued it late last year. Ask me a question on an Audi or BMW and I'll reply like a google search.. ask me a question on the Ninja and I'll look like a deer in headlights!

Will aim not to be bashful :giggle:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome to the site. I searched for a good while when I was looking for exhaust. I settled on the M4 carbon slip on. It has a nice sound and looks great. There are lots of nice options when it comes to exhaust for the N400

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ChaoticBlonde I went for the black and saved myself $500.
Have put that money towards a Scorpion slip on that must be on a slow boat from the UK at present.
What made you decide on the Scorpion?
I feel I might go the Akro way, but supply is non-existent anywhere in the world!

Wait until you see my fairing replacement cost for the KRT... Just one stupid wheel-around-the-garage drop and it ain't gonna be a cheap fix. Perks of being 5ft1 and unable to sit to shift :plain:

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
What made you decide on the Scorpion?
I feel I might go the Akro way, but supply is non-existent anywhere in the world!

Wait until you see my fairing replacement cost for the KRT... Just one stupid wheel-around-the-garage drop and it ain't gonna be a cheap fix. Perks of being 5ft1 and unable to sit to shift :plain:
Ah bugger, it does happen unfortunately.

I've always liked the sound of the Scorpions, generally not too loud and well made in the UK.
$855 NZD in stainless steel.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Good to see another Kiwi rider (not that Kiwi Rider) on the forum. Sorry to hear about the fairing, but you're not the first person to do that!

You'll have to post some pics of the new exhaust when it arrives. Thought about the Scorpion or Yoshimura slip on, but as I leave for work at 5.45am each morning I'm pretty sure my neighbours prefer the standard exhaust.

5'1" must be a challenge at times. I'm 5'6" on a good day and I find the Ninja spot on. That's a top job.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah bugger, it does happen unfortunately.

I've always liked the sound of the Scorpions, generally not too loud and well made in the UK.
$855 NZD in stainless steel.
I'll have a date for ETA on the Akra tomorrow. However they just suggested a Scorpion - Do you have any sound vids you used?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to see another Kiwi rider (not that Kiwi Rider) on the forum. Sorry to hear about the fairing, but you're not the first person to do that!

You'll have to post some pics of the new exhaust when it arrives. Thought about the Scorpion or Yoshimura slip on, but as I leave for work at 5.45am each morning I'm pretty sure my neighbours prefer the standard exhaust.

5'1" must be a challenge at times. I'm 5'6" on a good day and I find the Ninja spot on. That's a top job.
It's not the best.. Picking a Superbike is going to be a pain. I only just fit on my brothers S1000RR and that's at a push... And it's got the smallest seat height out of them all :sad:

My neighbours have learnt to live with noisy cars and bikes :grin: Leaving at 5am they sleep through it all now.
Got quote to repair fairing.. Practically the cost of the bike. Might just leave it or DIY

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
It's not the best.. Picking a Superbike is going to be a pain. I only just fit on my brothers S1000RR and that's at a push... And it's got the smallest seat height out of them all :sad:

My neighbours have learnt to live with noisy cars and bikes :grin: Leaving at 5am they sleep through it all now.
Got quote to repair fairing.. Practically the cost of the bike. Might just leave it or DIY
Duct tape! :grin:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome. Beautiful country you all have there.
Must suck looking at all that gorgeous scenery while riding. :smile_big:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you ever been fortunate enough to ride the coastal stretch of road between Greymouth and Westport? Talk about torn between watching the awesome twisties in front of you or the fab vistas to the left or right!
I'm an Aucklander.. the further we venture is Warkworth to Bombay!
Just Kidding. no I'd love to though. Road trip to Queenstown sounds like a great idea (in summer)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts